Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they compare to the Can Am 500 Outlander and the Arctic Cat 500? I own a 2010 Sportsman 800 how will it compare to that? Anything I should be aware of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
The can am outlander 500 is close but the arctic cat is no where even in sight. It's junk. The 570 is much better buy than the competition especially for the price. Coming off a 800 I don't think you will really miss much. Although take a test ride and see.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Can-Am = 2014 911 Turbo
Polaris = 2014 Corvette Z51
Arctic Cat = 1984 Chevy Sprint
I wouldn't say its a 14 turbo, but probably a 12 turbo lol.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I tested a cat 700XT about a month ago when I was looking around.. Not a horrible machine but I really did not like much about it compared to the 570.. Especially the ergo's.. The 570 guys have chatted a bit about the vibration a rider will feel with a single cyl atv vs a twin.. The cat was brutal in that regard.. Now, this was a 700 but I can't imagine the 500 is any better.. I ran it a few km's on the dealers track and my hands were tingling by the time I parked it.. I really didn't like the vibrations from that machine.. As for the ergo's.. I came off of an 850 Xp Toruing. So my body is used to being spoiled by the narrow seat and larger foot wells afforded to the xp with the sideways mounted engine.. Polaris did almost as good a job narrowing the 570.. I find it to be nearly as comfortable as my xp was.. Between the 3 units you're considering.. The can-am and the polaris are the only two I'd choose.. Don't hold me to it, but I believe the 570 is also the most powerful of the 3 as well if that matters to you.. I know for sure that its got more power than the cat700xt, (the H1 motor not more than the mud pro 700), so its going to be lighting fast compared to the cat 500..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Arctic Cat 500 is a kymco motor FYI. You'd have to buy a 550 to get a true AC.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I believe the Can-Am is 46hp, 570 44hp. The Can-am is also working with 70cc less...
even the AC 700 only makes 30something HP. Pathetic. The materials used on the AC is what gets me. The plastics are hard and cheap. I feel I would crack off a fender vs bend one. Can am is a hard one to beat, but the price will always come lower for polaris. Its really user preference between those 2.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think the Outlander 500 is a tad faster than the 570. But the Outlander lacks low end torque, which has been a known trait of this motor. On mid to top end it sings for a 500 class quad and will kiss 70 mph. Why it lacks torque being a v twin I'm not sure. When Can Am went to the G 2 chassis they got another 3 to 4 hp out of this motor I think is what I read. In this case price is a big difference and the 570 wins.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Isn't a new Can Am 500 with power steering about 9k? I like the looks of them and I'm sure it is pretty fast but for the value it is really hard to beat the 570. I just got a new 570 with EPS for $6725.00 out the door. Pretty hard to argue that value if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Isn't a new Can Am 500 with power steering about 9k? I like the looks of them and I'm sure it is pretty fast but for the value it is really hard to beat the 570. I just got a new 570 with EPS for $6725.00 out the door. Pretty hard to argue that value if you ask me.
I think they run about 2k higher than a 570.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think they run about 2k higher than a 570.
To me it isn't worth the extra money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts