Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Sportsman 500HO 6x6. I have some questions and couldn't find a 6x6 thread on the forum.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
scottsby in 3, 2, 1......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like Polaris used a lot of older stock parts on a newer machine. The title states 2007 but the only item that looks like a 2007 is the headlight pod. Shifter, front suspension and straight rear axles all look like 2002 and older. When did Polaris start making them with the newer body style and independent rear suspension? The speedo has analog MPH but digit hours and miles. I have an '04 Sportsman 4x4 with the same speedo but it shows the fuel gauge, the 6x6 does not. Is that how it should be or is something broken? My '04 has EBS but the 6x6 doesn't. I was wondering how does EBS work? Could I install new clutches for the EBS? The 6x6 is geared REAL LOW, is that in the transmission or the clutches themselves?
Any info you can offer is much appreciated. I like knowing all I can about my "toys"

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think 2008 is when irs and ebs became standard features on the big boss. Ebs is a part of the clutch system and may be something you can add. I'll see if I can find out about the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the tank looks like the older model Sportsmans, so maybe the sending unit doesn't fit to work with the digital gauge. Again, really appreciate any info. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts