Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 500 HO EFI [email protected] (Deluxe / LE Stone Beige) has only 700 miles on it, and a 60" glacier II. The front end is quite a bit lower than stock......
Will the polaris spring spacers work? Has anyone ever installed them? I'd like to at least level out the machine, or get it up a little higher in front and then compensate w/ the adjusters on the rear springs. Has anyone used the aftermarket adjusters for the front?

Thanks in advance for the help!
C~

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Boy that's a leading title, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sagging......

I figured the title would get someones attention.....thanks for the welcome Bruce!
After doing a little more homework, and deciding that a heavy duty front spring may not be the way to go, (I ride allot of old railroad beds full of whoops and rocky areas) I may try the preload adjusters....heading to my Moose dealer today!

Thanks!
C~

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you will like the HD front springs better. Put the spacers on my 06 700 sp and still bottomed out some times. Put the HD springs on and haven't had any of that, it rides a little stiffer, but when loaded down I think it's more stable.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Heavy duty front springs

I put the Polaris heavy duty front springs on my 700 and did not like them.
It did make the bike sit level but the rebound when going over woops or large bumps is very abrupt and makes it somewhat hard to control when riding fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 02' Sportsman 500 H.O. has a similar problem (I think). My front end will occasionally bottom out when compressed. It could also be a tire hitting the fender. I do have a rack and winch mounted on the front. I also have aftermarket ITP wheels and tires. Are there any adjustments I can make? If not, what are other possible solutions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the EPI HD springs on my old 500. Really helped pick the front end up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you push your machine @ all the Polaris plow springs are the answer. I took mine off the last 800 and moved them to my new 800 with 0 miles I liked them so much.
Still no sag after 800 hard miles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can pick up the Polaris plow springs from any dealer [might have to order them in]. They are very reasonably priced right from Polaris @ just around $50 for a front set.
I install the pair in about 1/2 hr [done 5 sets now]. Be carefull not to split the cv joint while doing the install [many posts on other sites of this happening]. The install instructions make it look harder than it realy is and want you tear more apart than is needed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am running a 2"lift and going to be installing h.d. spring should I leave the lift in or remove it with the heavier springs? I ridealot where clearence is an issue but do not want to break axles.
BTW bike isa 06 800 sportsman.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My front springs still sit @ the top of the stroke. If you pull the front end of your bike up as far as you can you will be were mine sits without a lift.
Leaving the lift on would be a judgement call you would have to make, myself I would try it without the lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts