Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure this is the right place to post this but I just purchased a 04 Predator 500.....looking to make it run better..faster..safer, etc...
Has Yoshi full exhaust with K&N filter....not sure if carb has been jetted or correctly jetted as sputters a little at higher rpms when riding harder.....just bought new tires n wheels...new seat..new plug...flushed oil and coolant and replaced with engine ice.....so far thats all I have done just to give you a little background on it....not real good working on carbs but I am sure that would help..any other thoughts or if you have any little extras you wish to get rid of let me know...thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Try a post here, better forum for Sport riders------>Polarisproriders.com

·
Registered
521 Posts
yep willing too help u tons

what faster starts with proper intake, exhaust {which u have} and jetting then u can go into big bore kits suspension so on so fourth

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you want to start modding the engine i have a stock bore 12.5 high compression wiesco piston for sale, i bought it as i was going to rebuild my engine, should have looked at my engine longer i guess because i found out i have a 440 kit so piston wouldnt fit. I have a new head gasket to go with also, I'd like to get $110 plus shipping for it, it was litteraly out of the box once

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer irunktm....prefer not to open up the engine...gonna go down 1 in front sprocket....has nice exhaust already but think I am gonna have the carb jetted out right and see how much difference that makes..thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts