Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bead seal on my tires keep leaking, I’ve been to the auto shop a few times already since I bought the bike last month. Figure ill ride these a little longer while I look for some new tires. Is this a known tire problem or a wheel issue? I want to keep it reliable and not do any modifications to the bike, what are my options as far as tires I can ride stock?

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
Whatcha riding???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also looking at ATV Tires for my 2010 Polaris Sportsman 550XP. The ones on mine are also worn out. Just checked out 4wheelonline, Bike Bandit, and Rocky Mountain ATV Mc.

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
Also looking at ATV Tires for my 2010 Polaris Sportsman 550XP. The ones on mine are also worn out. Just checked out 4wheelonline, Bike Bandit, and Rocky Mountain ATV Mc.
I a HUGE fan of the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s. A light do it all tire!!

·
10,387 Posts
If leaking around the rim you just need to dismount the tires, clean the rims bead area thoroughly with a wire brush wheel and apply a little swab of tire bead sealer around them. If the guys you're taking them to don't know how to do that simple repair you need to find a GOOD tire shop that knows what they're doing cause those guys don't.

·
10,387 Posts
Oh, and there's dozens of tires you can use to replace stock with no issues. The choices comes down to style, type of riding, price, durability, personal preference, etc. etc.
Lot of guys on here are high in the Kenda Bear Claws. You just need to read some of the forum posts and shop around. I just put a set of WANDA Bighorn copies on my old 800 and am really impressed with them for the price. About 1/2 the price of premium tires with a bias 6 ply rating, 1" deep tread, true to size and good reviews. They aren't as smooth on the highway as the much more expensive radials I run on the 1000 but not bad at all for the money. Haven't had a chance to try them out much yet but a very good looking tire at a fraction the cost.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
They wouldn’t be the first set of Wanda’s on a Polaris. These are the stock takeoffs from my son’s 450HO. I only replaced them because of size, they are 24”. They are 6 ply though, takeoffs from my 570 we’re only 4 ply.
2E44F233-DDA5-481C-A7AD-3A7932C4D18F.jpeg

·
10,387 Posts
Well I'll be! I didn't know they had been used as stock tires on Polaris machines. I was just looking around for some low cost alternatives of my old faithful and they looked pretty good at a good price. We'll see after I get a chance to put them to the test.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yeah I think of them as a more “mid-grade” tire and if cost is 1/2 price of high end tire that’s a good deal🤑

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welp.. I just gashed a 2 inch tear in the back left tire. It’s a 2019 Polaris Sportsman 850, I do a lot of aggressive technical trail riding. Rocks everywhere. I don’t want to have to do an axel or clutch kit.

·
10,387 Posts
I run 8 ply 27.5 Growlers on my 1000 and wouldn't have anything else!
No clutching other than keeping clutches fresh/serviced and always a good belt.
I'll post back on the WANDAs after I've put some miles on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts