Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently picked up an 09 Polaris sportsman 800 efi touring with a lot of wiring issues. one of those issues being the TPS and the TBAP sensors. I dont believe there is actually anything wrong with the actual sensors but the wires have all gone to sh*t !! Well Ive been able to eliminate most of the issues but the tps adjustment is kicking my ass. I cant seem to find the exact specifications to set my TPS. Ive found lots of info on all the other years but not an 09 sportsman 800efi. I measured it before I removed it and it was at .690v. can anyone confirm that to be the correct starting point? The thing that confuses me is that it seems to be running better just above .700v

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There is a detailed TPS initialization procedure that involves "establishing zero offset voltage. This step is crucial as it sets the TPS position using a fixed physical stop. This will insure that the correct offset voltage is reached once the correct throttle body flow is set."

Do you have this procedure? If not, I can post it.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark! yes I have that info, just looking for the specific value it should be set to for an 09 sportsman 800. Example > .690v or .730v

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Understood. This is the only information I have which is from 2007. I have noted differences in XP models from year to year but I would hope that by 2007, TPS settings were well established.....but who knows. I'll try to look for 2009 specific numbers.

A 2009 RZR800EFI is 0.730V +/- 0.010V for reference purposes.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts