Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 330 magnum, with a 60" snow plow and winch. I was wondering if there is anything I should look for while I am checking this quad out and test driving it. Any common wear points or items. Also does anyone know what the value of this quad would be. I don't have a picture to show but it is grey and from what I can tell in very good shape for its year. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
The 325 and 330 machines are no different than any others. Check the control arm bushings and ball joints in the front suspension along with tie rod ends. That year will have the hilliard clutches in the hubs so check the back side of the struts for indications of oil leaking out. The rear shock bushings wear too. Raise the back of the machine and listen for a clunking noise. You can get new bushings from Ebay, but Polaris only sells the complete shock. Tire choices will be limited due to the 10" rear wheels but there are a few and if it bothers you I think Delta makes a 12" wheel with the 4/4 bolt pattern.

I have a 2001 325 Magnum that I plow with and haven't had any special problems. I have changed the oil cooler on the MOSE machine to the later 04/05 style that let me put the braided lines on after I blew one of the stock lines off on the trail. I have the newer style oil cooler for the other one, just haven't done the swap yet.

The early oil coolers have two different size lines to the oil cooler. One isn't available from Polaris any more.

As for value, it's hard to say. Blue book or NADA will say $1000 or less. I think that's too low. Figure between $1500 and $2000 if you don't have to do any work to it and the tires are in good shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 325 and 330 machines are no different than any others. Check the control arm bushings and ball joints in the front suspension along with tie rod ends. That year will have the hilliard clutches in the hubs so check the back side of the struts for indications of oil leaking out. The rear shock bushings wear too. Raise the back of the machine and listen for a clunking noise. You can get new bushings from Ebay, but Polaris only sells the complete shock. Tire choices will be limited due to the 10" rear wheels but there are a few and if it bothers you I think Delta makes a 12" wheel with the 4/4 bolt pattern.

I have a 2001 325 Magnum that I plow with and haven't had any special problems. I have changed the oil cooler on the MOSE machine to the later 04/05 style that let me put the braided lines on after I blew one of the stock lines off on the trail. I have the newer style oil cooler for the other one, just haven't done the swap yet.

The early oil coolers have two different size lines to the oil cooler. One isn't available from Polaris any more.

As for value, it's hard to say. Blue book or NADA will say $1000 or less. I think that's too low. Figure between $1500 and $2000 if you don't have to do any work to it and the tires are in good shape.
Thank you for the information. Yeah wheel bearings and any squeaks or squawks I normally check for. Now just to see it in person and make my decision

1 - 3 of 3 Posts