Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got cabin fever bad!!! Looking to do some early Spring ATV riding in this year (march,april) somehwere in the Midwest. Does anybody know of any trails open? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How far you want to go? Our group went to Chadwick ( Southern) MO at the beginning of March. Iowa has almost nothing and Illinois looks like all ATV parks( which I have never been to and didn't wanna risk a bad time).

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Iowa had a few.....I would be willing to go to Missouri..How are the trails there? thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They are really cool. Nothing like them around our area. Lots of climbing/ descending rocky hills, creek crossings and running on ridglines. There are some pics on my profile page. If I can be of any more help let me know.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Also...there are a few others on here that frequent that system. Maybe you can get a guided tour?? The maps we had we not exactly accurate.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bud!!! They look nice! Are they open year round?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Far as I know. I called the Forest Service before we went. Sometimes trails are closed due to washouts I was told, but usually not the whole system.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks buddy~

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
heres a couple

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
more....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SWEET!!!! Can you give me any other info? Im very interested Thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Mark Twain National Forest - Chadwick Motorcycle and ATV Use Area

They had a very nice looking RV park/ campground. We rented a house that was a little to far from the trails as it turned out. Only 15 miles away but took a good 35 minutes pulling atvs thru winding roads. There was a place very close that had cabin rentals. Cant recall the name of the place.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks buddy!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I go to chadwick almost every weekend if the weather is good. I bought my new 570 specifically for that place. tons of fun. All day riding and it never gets boring. Tons of water crossings (all shallow), waterfalls, creeks, crazy technical must have 4wd level climbs. its a good time. Cost is $8 per day, a pass gets zip tied to your handlebars. All trails are number marked to help you find your way around.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds nice but it might be too overwhelming for my wife she just took up ATV riding

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
We brought our wives, who were new to ATV. They did pretty well. There were a few times we rode up, parked ours, walked down and rode theirs up. You can avoid they very difficult areas, but all trails have some difficult sections. Just stay on the green trails when possible.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ill check it out!

·
Registered
815 Posts
That's a good place for beginners since most of it is open sand

1 - 20 of 35 Posts