Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the smallest van anyone has hauled a 2008? Sportsman in ? I am looking to haul my Sportsman in a van . I do not want to use a truck, I already have a 1 ton 4 door dually truck.

Thanks for any help. Cb

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It will probably fit in a full size cargo van, but barely. I can get a 4' wide sheet of plywood in my E250 work van flat, but it's really tight at the doors.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the rear door clearance on a cargo van is 54 inches wide. It's wider than the wheel wells. I considered this same option years ago for my sport quads and looked into it.
An extended 1 ton 4x4 cargo van would be the sh*t! The advantage to the van is your quad and tools are much more secure while traveling than a truck bed. Plus at a campsite you can leave the quad outside and use a blow up mattress inside(no need for a tent). The disadvantage is bringing the slop inside and possibly breathing spilt fuel fumes.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
A sprinter would be the ticket.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
this is the only way to get it in there

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a 5X10 enclosed trailer and I ride my 550 in and out of it with no problem. The door opening is 52 inches wide and 54 inches high. I would think you could get a van with at least that much room. My ramps fold and I slide them under the machine so I am taking up just 8 feet of the trailer. Take a tape measure and measure a few vans. Should work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
In theory it would work. It would be pretty easy if you have a winch on the quad. Bolt in an anchor point towards the front of the van so you can put the quad in neutral and winch it up the ramps and into the van. That way, you don't have to worry about squeezing yourself off the quad.

Assuming you have a remote for your winch. If not, you could mount a winch at the front of the van on the floor and winch it up that way.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The guy that came to buy my 400EX brought a mini van. Had to loosen handle bar clamps and fold them down,but it fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts