Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I took my 1995 Scrambler out on the lake yesterday in 5 degree weather. Whenever it sits in the cold for a while the throttle will get stuck. I usually will just push on it and it breaks the ice or whatever was causing it to stick. But after the cold drive home it was stuck and I pushed on it like usual. This time something snapped and the throttle is very loose. I opened up the cap on the throttle box and the cable is loose. No tension. We followed the cable and it seems it connects somewhere under the seat. Do you guys think something broke where it connects or do you think the cable broke? Also how do you get the seat off anyway. I don't know if its frozen on or am I just stupid? I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

-Alec

·
Registered
192 Posts
A guess would be snow or frost got into the intake and caused the round slide in your carb to stick open. For the seat on the clutch side there is a indent under the seat with a latch pull that up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A guess would be snow or frost got into the intake and caused the round slide in your carb to stick open. For the seat on the clutch side there is a indent under the seat with a latch pull that up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I have been pulling up on that knob but I think it just might be froze up. I'm waiting until the weekend to take off the frame to take a look at it because it will be warmer and i don't want any of that plastic breaking in the negative degree weather we have currently. So what do you think I will need replaced in this situation? Just the cable? Where can I buy a replacement?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts