Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2019 sportsman 570 with a rvs clutch kit for 29.5 outlaw 1 when goin through mud holes it seems like I loss power is it the tires fronts 29.5x10x12 rear 29.5x12x12

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That is a lot of tire on a 570! Just a guess on my part, but probably nothing more than it is harder to turn the tires in the mud than on a dry surface. I would think mud would be sticky and harder to move through.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is your belt getting wet?

Have you contacted Ryan at RVS to make sure the clutch kit was installed correctly (not bashing you) i know those weights can make a difference adding or subtracting them.

All electrical connections are tight? Dielectric greased?

Id start with making sure your CVT/Air system is 100% water tight. The only time ive ever lost power in the mud was when i had water coming in behind my backing plate and the belt was slipping.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Sounds like belt slip and the belt is worn/glazed. Time to call RVSPerformance and make sure your kit is the right one for those tires.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Ture but there are sometimes I go through mud hole in it rips what tire size would you recommend
I am not a mud hole guy so I can't recommend any tire size for what you are doing. I think bigger is better for that purpose from what I read. If it rips through sometimes but not all the time, then there must be an issue in there. Could be a fuel pump going south or another intermittent issue. What does it do when it acts up? Any backfire or bogging? Any other symptoms?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not a mud hole guy so I can't recommend any tire size for what you are doing. I think bigger is better for that purpose from what I read. If it rips through sometimes but not all the time, then there must be an issue in there. Could be a fuel pump going south or another intermittent issue. What does it do when it acts up? Any backfire or bogging? Any other symptoms?
The quad has only 122 miles on it no backfires just feels sluggish

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ryan from rvs performance said that I shouldn't need the weights when I bought the kit but I guess I need them
Ryan would know better than I. If he says it’s not needed then it’s not. If it intermittently feels sluggish then it may be a fuel or air issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryan would know better than I. If he says it’s not needed then it’s not. If it intermittently feels sluggish then it may be a fuel or air issue.
Ok since I'm a mechanic I'm thinking mass air flow sensor before I did the snorkel kit I did get the OEM air filter wet with mud water and now it comes back to me I didnt check to see if that got dirty but it should of flag a check engine light so I'll check that out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok since I'm a mechanic I'm thinking mass air flow sensor before I did the snorkel kit I did get the OEM air filter wet with mud water and now it comes back to me I didnt check to see if that got dirty but it should of flag a check engine light so I'll check that out
But also it dosent feel like air fuel ratio issue

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
even if ur belt is slipping
it would not feel sluggish it would still rev high and smell like belt and not go very far,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happen to still have the stocks so you could do a direct comparison? Put stocks on and go through same thick mud and see if there is the same bogging down? I'm on this forum because of my girl's 850sp, but I have an Arctic Cat that was having this same issue. Doubt it is similar, but my problem was fuel lines that needed replacing and I also put on a new fuel pump, and vac line for that pump. Fixed it. Tried replacing the spark plug also, cause I know they can get fouled up and cause a bogging down issue, but that wasn't it. Just a really dirty air filter? I run 30 inch tires on my 650 Cat that is a 2007. When I didn't have that problem, and now, I can run through thick mud with no problem,no clutch kit, no bogging down, and I'm pretty sure I have less HP than your newer 570. Maybe the Cat is more torquey, read that somewhere, don't know? Just my two cents.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Happen to still have the stocks so you could do a direct comparison? Put stocks on and go through same thick mud and see if there is the same bogging down? I'm on this forum because of my girl's 850sp, but I have an Arctic Cat that was having this same issue. Doubt it is similar, but my problem was fuel lines that needed replacing and I also put on a new fuel pump, and vac line for that pump. Fixed it. Tried replacing the spark plug also, cause I know they can get fouled up and cause a bogging down issue, but that wasn't it. Just a really dirty air filter? I run 30 inch tires on my 650 Cat that is a 2007. When I didn't have that problem, and now, I can run through thick mud with no problem,no clutch kit, no bogging down, and I'm pretty sure I have less HP than your newer 570. Maybe the Cat is more torquey, read that somewhere, don't know? Just my two cents.
Thanks for the info this Saturday I'm put stock tires back on and I know it's going to be a wheelie machine

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2019 sportsman 570 with a rvs clutch kit for 29.5 outlaw 1 when goin through mud holes it seems like I loss power is it the tires fronts 29.5x10x12 rear 29.5x12x12
I have the same model and thinking of doing the winch well. Could you tell me what winch and plate did you go with? Any modding that you have to do to get them to fit? Did the kit come with everything you need for the install?
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the same model and thinking of doing the winch well. Could you tell me what winch and plate did you go with? Any modding that you have to do to get them to fit? Did the kit come with everything you need for the install?
Thanks!
I just did a 2 in life and 1 in wheel spacer and the tires fit the winch I have is from polaris pro 3500 came with when i bought it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts