Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new here I want to say hi and thanks, I have read your forum several times which helped with repair on my 2000 Polaris sportsman 335. Not to talk too much but this is my problem. My machine starts well, runs for 10 seconds and stalls. It will start almost immediately and run for 10 seconds again, and again. I have replaced the coil, CDI box, spark plug, fuel pump, fuel filter and carburetor. STILL STALLS HELP. Gilligan

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,120 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,120 Posts
Where did you purchase said new carburator?

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
Check for a loss of spark - connect a timing light, start the engine and see if the light quits flashing just before the engine dies

The Amazon carb will make you a carburetor expert when you get it working correctly, but that will be after you get it running longer than 10 seconds - just to be on the safe side, put some extra slack in the throttle cable

·
Registered
107 Posts
My buddy had a '04 Sportsman 700 that did the same thing. I had narrowed it down to the CDI box, since it would lose spark when it stalled, and would continue with no spark if you cranked it on the same key cycle. Cycling the key off to on would restart the process. We never pulled the trigger on the box, because I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't some input I was missing somewhere that was causing this. First thing I checked was the ETC throttle safety switch, and it was adjusted fine. He got rid of it as-is, so we'll never know for sure, but I'm fairly certain it was the magic box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all !!! Latebird timing light test showed stalling was loss of spark. After changing coil, carb fuel pump and CDI. As it was losing spark figured coil or CDI. CDI was easiest so I replaced the OE and guess, what it runs great. Beware Chinese after market!!!!! Thanks again

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
Thanks to all !!! Latebird timing light test showed stalling was loss of spark. After changing coil, carb fuel pump and CDI. As it was losing spark figured coil or CDI. CDI was easiest so I replaced the OE and guess, what it runs great. Beware Chinese after market!!!!! Thanks again
This was your original post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts