Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 sportsman x2 800---When the fan comes on it is very loud, almost like a bearing going out. Do these fans have bearings or are they just plastic? I do clean the radiator with water after mudding, is it possible that water got in there and rusted something? Is there a way to lube the fan so it runs smooth? How much would a new fan cost?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
a new one is over 200 bucks and it comes with a new fan blade. you should take the old one off and see if the is a rock or stick rubbing against something. if the fan is bad you could check around ........ jegs had some universal ones for way cheaper than that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, the quad is only 4 months old so I find it hard to believe that the fan would be bad. At least its still under warranty.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yes take it in , if that fan quits the machine is done. it will overheat alot quicker then you can find a puddle to cool it. my friends has been doing this for quite a while it's goten so bad that it sticks and will not turn, I just give it a boost with my finger and it's good for the rest of the day lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts