Polaris ATV Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just put an FMF PowerCore 4 on my Scrambler and yeah...its loud. Love riding it even more now. Redneck and proud!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
when was the last time the panthers were in the super bowl? oh yea, we've been there twice since then. so maybe let sleeping dogs lie? lol. The Seahawks made some great moves to keep the team as stable for this season so there's no reason we couldn't repeat this year. but we'll see. I don't count chickens before they're hatched.

The 12th man has been around since the Kingdom. but Seattle just has never gotten any respect from the national media until this last year. which is what it is. All I know is the Hawks Defense and the LOB picked apart one of the great quarter backs of all time, chewed him up, and spit him out. I for one spent the second half of the game laughing. The game was over with Harvin's kickoff return.

I get it, for anyone that wasn't a Seattle fan this last super bowl sucked. it was completely one sided and for all intents and purposes it was a really bad game. but for a Seahawks fan it was one of the greatest games to watch. I've spent my entire life waiting for the Seahawks to take home the Lombardi, to know it was finally coming to Seattle mid way through the game was just a relief. it wasn't going to be a nail biter. or an heart pounding, edge of your seat, tension filled, exhausting drawn out second half. it was just smiles, and celebration and great moods. and it was AWESOME.
Who said that I was a panthers fan? You should not just assume things (makes people look stupid). Also Seattle is not a kingdom. However the Kingdome is located there.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
when was the last time the panthers were in the super bowl? oh yea, we've been there twice since then. so maybe let sleeping dogs lie? lol. The Seahawks made some great moves to keep the team as stable for this season so there's no reason we couldn't repeat this year. but we'll see. I don't count chickens before they're hatched.

The 12th man has been around since the Kingdom. but Seattle just has never gotten any respect from the national media until this last year. which is what it is. All I know is the Hawks Defense and the LOB picked apart one of the great quarter backs of all time, chewed him up, and spit him out. I for one spent the second half of the game laughing. The game was over with Harvin's kickoff return.

I get it, for anyone that wasn't a Seattle fan this last super bowl sucked. it was completely one sided and for all intents and purposes it was a really bad game. but for a Seahawks fan it was one of the greatest games to watch. I've spent my entire life waiting for the Seahawks to take home the Lombardi, to know it was finally coming to Seattle mid way through the game was just a relief. it wasn't going to be a nail biter. or an heart pounding, edge of your seat, tension filled, exhausting drawn out second half. it was just smiles, and celebration and great moods. and it was AWESOME.
Who said that I was a panthers fan? You should not just assume things (makes people look stupid). Also Seattle is not a kingdom. However the Kingdome is located there.
stupid auto correct. and actually, it's not where the Kingdome is located. it is where the Kingdome was located at. The stadium now is Century Link field, or as we fondly refer to it as the Clink.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have ridden and driven all kinds of street and dirt toys, performance exhaust is good, but the "loud pipes saves lives" attitudes
is wrong and the hearing aids now prove it.:sadwavey

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
For most it sucked, but i have an annoying friend who is a niners fan, and as a Pats fan, it was nice to see Pete get a ring, hes not a bad coach, and a good dude.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Motor cycles are different. I want my street bike louder because hopefully someone may hear me even if they don't see me. I don't ride fast, I ride careful all the time. I'm scared someone one day won't notice me coming and pull out in front of me. I'll probably loose that fight. Hopefully loud pipes will cause someone to take a second look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand the theory but it doesn't really work as all the sound is directed back behind the motorcycle. I drive for a living and many times have had bikes pass me unheard until they are slightly ahead, then some are obnoxiously loud.
Loud quads/dirt bikes/etc are just plain obnoxious. imho

·
Registered
944 Posts
This works much better. When approaching a car might enter your traffic lane, keep your thumb next to the horn button. The very instant they even look like they'll pull out in front of you give them a blast of your horn. Not a beep but a blast. Having the thumb next to the horn button saves time which equals distance.

If the other driver is not looking at you as you approach use the same technique.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This works much better. When approaching a car might enter your traffic lane, keep your thumb next to the horn button. The very instant they even look like they'll pull out in front of you give them a blast of your horn. Not a beep but a blast. Having the thumb next to the horn button saves time which equals distance.

If the other driver is not looking at you as you approach use the same technique.

Agreed... however... you've got to have a horn loud enough to be heard and generally directed forward. Many bikes have a really, really weak horn.

·
Registered
777 Posts
My horn sucks. They make air horns but i don't have anywhere to mount.

When I go through intersections I usually keep the brake and clutch covered so I'm ready. Plus I have 2 - 55 watt spot lights on the front along with the head light. I do think people are more aware now than they were 20 years ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
loud

Here in Newengland loud lost us alot of dirt bike riding because of STUPID kids on motocross bikes who think that loud bikes were fast bikes. What most people don't know on 2 cycle engines tuned back presure is where the power comes from and the baffel and cones was the tuned back presure. I use to tell people no body cares about what they can't here or see. there is a 200.00 fine for not
having a approved spark arrester muffler.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My horn sucks. They make air horns but i don't have anywhere to mount.

When I go through intersections I usually keep the brake and clutch covered so I'm ready. Plus I have 2 - 55 watt spot lights on the front along with the head light. I do think people are more aware now than they were 20 years ago.
The horn on my HD and my Ducati are both pretty crappy. Have you looked at Stebel Nautilus compact air horns? I'm considering trying to stuff one into any available space on my duc.
Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horn, 12-Volt, Black or Chrome - TwistedThrottle.com

221 - 231 of 231 Posts