Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 700 EFI Sportsman, the low fuel warning light is blinking and the speedometer needle is flashing. The atv is not low on gas.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First welcome to the board!

·
Registered
108 Posts
From past experience...i'd say your just about ready to take it without lube. sorry. Most times when a machine shows symptoms of low fuel but is actually not low on fuel there is a problem with the sending unit, which is internal in the tank and by polaris standards must be replaced as an assembly. My cost on a tank is 475 dollars. I would call your shop/dealer and find out if they have a test speedo laying around that you could hook up just to be sure it's not that. If it still shows low fuel....be ready to spend some money. I'm yet to find a replacement pump for fourwheelers, I have found one to replace the ranger pumps. You could take it apart and see how good your local auto parts store is. Maybe they can cross it with something. Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 sportsman 500 EFI with the same problem (blinking low fuel/all fuel bars, and flashing speedometer needle) is the fix a new fuel sending unit? Is there any other troubleshooting other than trying another speedometer? What years do the fuel sending units fit? Best/cheapest place to get a sending unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts