Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
198 Posts
My $0.02:

1. As grandpa always said "New just means it ain't had time to rust or collect dust, period."

2. I have a "Rick's" reg/rec. And I'll buy them for my other machines, as needed. :)

3. Cycleworkx is a great brand too. (He just doesn't make one to fit my 1k-machine in stock location)

Rick's or C.workx are MY only options, as I depend on my machine(s) to work. I can't afford to skimp quality for price.
(I'm not talking bad about the quadboss brand, I just don't know anyone that's ever bought one)

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
QuadBoss does not have a warranty and you have to rely on the seller to back up the product. I deal in QuadBoss products and they typically are rebranded products. QuadBoss carb kits are typically rebranded AllBalls. Their wheel bearing and suspension parts are typically rebranded PivotWorks or AllBalls. QuadBoss starter motors are typically rebranded Arrowhead starter motors. All, regardless of the name are produced in China or Taiwan with Taiwan products being of higher quality. I have used all brands and typically do not have chronic problems with any, but I always fully check the operation of the parts after installation and do a quality installation (I clean things as the parts are assembled and installed).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ordered VR from RMStator and sent Email to PartsGiant on returning QuadBoss VR. Going to dig into it all again this weekend. Hopefully this solves problem..... but from what everyone tells me this should!

·
Registered
20 Posts
check this site for detailed troubleshooting for all parts of charging system. static & dynamic test of stator as well as how to properly test VR. I believe I finally fixed my ongoing issues by filing all connections and installing external toothed washers to ensure the best possible clean connections at the power block under the front storage box. mine is 2018 with only a couple hundred hours. I now have 3 VR's turns out they're all good.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
It's a nice unit with a peak voltage function for troubleshooting ignitions systems - good choice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
New Multimeter on it's way!
Also got new VR from RMStator and just installed it! Finally!!!! Problem solved!
Thanks Again for all the experience and knowledge!!

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
New Multimeter on it's way!
Also got new VR from RMStator and just installed it! Finally!!!! Problem solved!
Thanks Again for all the experience and knowledge!!
Dusty I think the best thing you can do for your new VR if you haven’t yet is to re-route from under motor and make sure connector from stator is good to new VR plug. Dielectric grease and whatever you can do to keep that connection clean. I believe most VR failures occur right there.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts