Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this but here it is.
I just got a 2000 magnum 325 and after fixing the spun main bearing one of the other problems was the cooling fan was running at all times.
Also the hot light will not work, on that I checked and change the bulb.
I found out on the forums that the running fan is because of the LR60 switch and because is $216 at the dealer in canada I took it apart.... pride the black plastic of with a knife and than using a heat gun and a wire brush in a drill I cleaned al the silicon off (it comes of easier if it gets warmed up a bit and might have to do some manual scraping, you don't need to do all like me maybe just around what you need to change )
Than changed the black square transistor with 3 legs that is revetted.This is what controls the fan. The small black darlington transistor by the blue wire is what controls the red hot light. If you light is not coming on when you short the sensor at the radiator or if the light is on all the time, probably it needs to be changed to.
Then I cut some plastic off a oil jug bent it around the board, hold it with a zip tie and silicon the edges.
Cost $5.
I like to do this kind of stuff...hope someone else can have some fun...
Might be able to post some pictures if required

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2000 magnum 325 and after fixing the spun main bearing one of the other problems was the cooling fan was running at all times.
I found out on the forums that the running fan is because of the LR60 switch and because is $216 at the dealer in canada I took it apart.... pride the black plastic of with a knife and than using a heat gun and a wire brush in a drill I cleaned al the silicon off (it comes of easier if it gets warmed up a bit and might have to do some manual scraping, you don't need to do all like me maybe just around what you need to change )
Than changed the black square transistor with 3 legs that is revetted.This is what controls the fan. The small black darlington transistor by the blue wire is what controls the red hot light. If you light is not coming on when you short the sensor at the radiator or if the light is on all the time, probably it needs to be changed to.
Then I cut some plastic off a oil jug bent it around the board, hold it with a zip tie and silicon the edges.
Cost $5.
[/QUOT
Cost $5.
I have a 2000 trailboss 325 a guy brought me and it kept blowing the breaker. Long story short the lr60 had been replaced with an lr35 voltage regulator. Why I do not know. Now what? Can’t find an lr60:anywhere. Any way to use the thermistor to turn the fan on and off while eliminating the lr60? This model has no hot indicator light anyway. What do you think?
Thank you much!

·
Registered
9,497 Posts
I have a 2000 trailboss 325 a guy brought me and it kept blowing the breaker. Long story short the lr60 had been replaced with an lr35 voltage regulator. Why I do not know. Now what? Can’t find an lr60:anywhere. Any way to use the thermistor to turn the fan on and off while eliminating the lr60? This model has no hot indicator light anyway. What do you think?
Thank you much!
No, you will have to wire the fan to a toggle switch and turn it on manually

1 - 3 of 3 Posts