Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2011 550 EFI Sportsman. I am going to change all the fluids and want to make sure I have the correct Info...

I have the atv maintenance kit and inside is

AGL plus- is for the transmission???
Angle drive fluid- is for front differential???
Demand drive plus fluid is for ???

Any help would be great. I did a oil change last year and will so be doing that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a 2011 550 EFI Sportsman. I am going to change all the fluids and want to make sure I have the correct Info...

Any help would be great. I did a oil change last year and will so be doing that.
I know on my 850:
Angle Drive Fluid is for the Rear Diff
AGL is for Transmission
Demand drive plus is for front diff

I would assume the 550 is the same, but I am not sure about that.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts

I know on my 850:
AGL is for Transmission
Demand drive plus is for front diff and ADC

Correct. with an addition for the ADC And for the trans you will need a bit over 32 oz. Just so they can get you on the second quart! Grrr....

·
Registered
460 Posts

I know on my 850:
AGL is for Transmission
Demand drive plus is for front diff and ADC

Correct. with an addition for the ADC And for the trans you will need a bit over 32 oz. Just so they can get you on the second quart! Grrr....
Thanks for chiming in and the correction brother!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I missed something. The kit minus the oil change has only 3 quarts. 1 quart of AGL plus, 1 quart of Angle drive fluid, 1 quart of Demand drive plus fluid.

Is that enough for a full fluid change? And how does adc and transmission use the same fluid?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Maybe I missed something. The kit minus the oil change has only 3 quarts. 1 quart of AGL plus, 1 quart of Angle drive fluid, 1 quart of Demand drive plus fluid.

Is that enough for a full fluid change? No, you will need an extra quart of Demand Drive Plus Fluid, just to use a few ounces of the second quart! And how does adc and transmission use the same fluid? It doesn't use the same fluid...the front differential and ADC take the same fluid...which is the Demand Drive Plus
See my comments in red!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it. Thanks for your help. I will go pickup another quart of demand drive. I am sure once I change the fluids once I will understand more. The bike is almost 2 years old but only has 29 hours. I have done oil changes. But first time for the others.

On a side note. Pretty stupid to sell a kit that doesn't bring enough oil for the change....The kit is supposed to be a Whole fluid change kit.... Liers! lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, it is stupid...if you are unsure about how to properly change any of the fluids...check your manual and youtube.

Your manual also will confirm fluid capacities for you.

No problem, that's the main purpose of this forum!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
All polaris' stupid names got me scrwed up too. But i have gotten aboard the monil one ship.

2 litres mobil 1 0-40 for motor
38 oz of 5w20 synthetic for the trans
75w90 synthetic gear o for the rear diff
And mobil 1 synthetic atf for the front diff.
All coupled with a bosch 3323 filter

Don't use the adc so i haven't changed it yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All polaris' stupid names got me scrwed up too. But i have gotten aboard the monil one ship.

I see. So that is the comparable fluids to the Polaris stuff... Will look into it a little more. Does any one also use these fluids?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Tman messed it up on red. Trans is the AGL, front diff and ADC is demand drive plus. You need an extra 6oz of AGL. Front diff holds about 7oz and ADC is about 3oz.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tman messed it up on red. Trans is the AGL, front diff and ADC is demand drive plus. You need an extra 6oz of AGL. Front diff holds about 7oz and ADC is about 3oz.
Dang, sorry about that...Thanks for catching my screw up!

I messed up on telling you that you need to buy an extra quart of Demand drive plus fluid<------That is WRONG...YOU NEED TO BUY-----> AN EXTRA QUART of AGL for the transmission.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts

Is that enough for a full fluid change? No, you will need an extra quart of AGL for the transmission, just to use a few (6) ounces of the second quart! And how does adc and transmission use the same fluid? It doesn't use the same fluid...the front differential and ADC take the same fluid...which is the Demand Drive Plus...The trans uses AGL, nothing else on the machine uses AGL
See my comments in red!
The red should be correct now!

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts

I have a 2013 500 sportsman. So in the motor I should use 0W40 or 5W50. In the front diff I should use synthetic ATF fluid. In the transmission I should use 5W20 synthetic oil.It has no angle drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts