Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here been lurking for over a month. Just bought a 14 Polaris 850 xp ho this week. Due to the cold weather I have been riding a little each day for the break in. I have a account with Amsoil due to my business. My thoughts are that until the six month warranty is over it would be best to use the Polaris lube/oil. I should have the break in hours/miles this weekend and ready for th first lube/oil change.
Do you suggest that I stay with the Polaris lube until the warranty is over or go with the Amsoil. I can text my Amsoil contact and have the fluids on the way or drive five miles to the Polaris dealer.
I went from a Honda 450 Foreman to this beast and the Wow factor is amazing.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
they cant void any warranty work if you dont use polaris oils as long as the oil meets the specs as thiers....and it does

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Amsoil!

Sent from West 'By-God' Virginia!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What Purolator officially says about 'auto' oil filters

is, "What About PureONE
If you're thinking you want to install a PureONE oil filter on your bike, please think again. PureONE oil filters are designed for vehicles, not bikes. Because of PureONE's high efficiency, the motorcycle oil pump may not be able to handle the pressure. The Purolator motorcycle filter line is designed to meet the specific needs of a bike; therefore we highly recommend the use of a Purolator ML filter over a PureONE oil filter."

So i called their filter 'hotline' (800-526-4250) and asked what they suggested for a Polo sporty 500. Their answer: ML16817. So that leaves me in a lurch, I already bought 2 or 3 of the 14610s. Should I use them and then switch? Anyone have long term experience with 14610s? Maybe the oil pump is not so wimpy on sporty's that it 'puts up' with extra filtering of purolator stuff? Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That's a relief

Thanks for the quick response Ronnie - glad to hear that!! I'm sure Puro's lawyers are just covering their behind and maybe trying to push to sell higher profit stuff to bikers...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well, Purolator's "Motorcycle" filters (MLxxxxx) are made in China if that tells you anything. The Purolator Classic (Lxxxxx) and PureOne (PLxxxxx) are made in the USA.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I only use Napa/Wix in all of my toys & vehicles.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Ronnie - glad to hear that!! I'm sure Puro's lawyers are just covering their behind and maybe trying to push to sell higher profit stuff to bikers...
Ya think? That's what they are in bussines to do.... make for money!!

I'd be curious to see what the "spec" differences are.... as far as filtration, there can't be much difference and the only time I see a spec coming into play would be for the anti drain back or reliefe feature. But I'm no oil filter expert. Sounds like a hotline question!

I've used the Purolator filters on many quads and motorcylces over the years.... and they were all still purring like kittens when I sold or traded them!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts