81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im going to call the closest dealer before ordering a bell crank online to see if it will slide back over the detent stud....i gotta get cab and rear plow off so i can tear deeper into this thing but i will get some rpm readings and ill shoot a video of the clutches doing what theyre doing ...be nice if i can get the angle of the camera right to watch tach and clutches. Had the same problem turned out to be one of two things. The bearing in the primary clutch was going, but the real culprit was the primnary spring had taken a set and would not allow the clutch to truly idle, always pressure on the belt, Plus I rreplaced that pos aluminum bell with an after-market steel one. Hope this helps

Just having a knee jerk reaction right now...severe lack of sleep and pissed off when the main reason i even got the dang thing was for snow removal...only had 1 snow fall all yr plowable...and now this second storm and machine is down...so hair trigger temperment wise and fact this clutch issue/transmission issue has been here since day one and keep hearing this word "normal"...so frustrated.

Hopefully get something figured out later this week and obviously ill keep up this post until its right. Googled and found a bunch of threads from here with similiar issues (stripped bell crank) and hard shifting. Going to check service manual about aligning clutches if for no other reason than to check...hate to pay dealer for something they set up before selling to me and another dealer checked and said everything is fine....or did they...

·
Registered
24 Posts
First check to see the height of your primary spring. Chances are it has taken a set and is shorter than a new one, not allowing the primary to truly idle thus always pressure on the belt. That is why when you shut it off, it shifts fine. Hope this helps T

·
Registered
719 Posts
First check to see the height of your primary spring. Chances are it has taken a set and is shorter than a new one, not allowing the primary to truly idle thus always pressure on the belt. That is why when you shut it off, it shifts fine. Hope this helps T
post is 4 years old

81 - 84 of 84 Posts