Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woody has been earning its keep hauling wood. We have 2 cords in the basement. Tomorrow and Friday will be spent splitting the clunkers we have already hauled out.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Like the pics! It the wooden front rack for a chainsaw or ice auger?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
hell yeah, love the looks of tracks. Currently undecided if I will get a set next yr or not. No laws on the books saying I cant ride the groomed trails here with tracks, but snowmobile guys would be pissed since my regisitration fees don't help fund them...guess it'd be like a snowmobile guy putting wheels instead of skis on his sled and riding the trails, his registration don't goto ATV clubs for trail maintainence, but I could almost bet ATV guys wouldn't give two shits and would love to see it LOL.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Wish we could...nice to actually go places like sled trail system allows....but with the unpredictibilty of ia snow ill never own a sled again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woody tested pulling a trailer 3/4 full through 12" of no traction sugar snow. The test was successful. We have hauled a couple of full loads since then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In Wisconsin, ATVs can ride on snowmobile trails if it is below 28 degrees.
Have you done this and do the people on sleds give you the stink face? I just got a sportsman 570 and we have trails right near our cabin (langlade county). I haven seen any four wheelers on the trails. I just got the 570 in December and we ran it on the roads (atv routes) so far. We only get up there about once a month in the winter... But that may change as we now have a 4 season toy... The other toy is a boat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I replaced the battery with an AGM battery. I greased the front axles and drive shaft u-joints. I was surprised to see the rear drive shaft did not have zerk fittings on the u-joints. Then I hauled a couple trailer loads of wood.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What is the HP rating of my 2003 700 twin? I searched the web and checked my manual with no luck.
I think it's around the 45 hp max (stock) and that's at about 5800 rpm's.... from what I found.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts