Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and polaris world! Just had a buddy give me what i believe is a 1999 or 2000 magnum 325. Someone else tried their hand at playing electrical genius and mixed some things up. Id like to het some insight on how the ignition is suposed to be wired at the plug or if i can get a new harness? Ill upload a pic thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Well the household wire nuts add color, but are not appropriate for the machine. I had a guy bring me a Honda to work on a few months ago. He said it needed the wiring from the battery to the switch replaced......Honest to god there was a mess of cobbled wiring on the handlebars that included a household light switch. Latebird probably has a repair manual in PDF form. If not I have a manual with the 325 wiring diagrams in it. You probably have 2000 as I don't think Polaris offered the 325 in '99.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
It's probably a 2000 since there was not a 99 Magnum - the VIN would put that question to rest and it would be helpful to know if it's a 2x4 or 4x4, but the switch was wired the same on both.

Here's how the switch is wired:

When in the on position, the red is connected to red/blk - in the off position, the black is connected to brown (brown is ground) to kill the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
For a used harness you can check Ebay and powersportsnation.com. Still a lot of work to replace the entire harness. Time consuming I would think.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
If you just want the plug, I have a used harness that I got for one of mine. I just needed a headlight plug so if you want to splice in just the switch plug I can get you one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be great!! My email is [email protected] if you want to email me to keep in contact and i can get paypal info or whatever to purchase it off ya that would be great

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Ok, when I am in the shop today, I will find that plug and make sure it's good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts