Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnum 330 dies as soon as you touch the throttle. Clean carb new gas new plug starts right up and idles great but dies as soon As I barley touch the throttle. ETC is not touching, verified this. The boot is old and has some cracking it but is not causing a high idle. The bike dies when I spray brake cleaner around the boot. Doesn’t it normally idle high? Tried turning the idle up and it dies as well. Pull choke and it dies. Loosened screw on bottom of carb and fuel is flowing.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
You need to determine if it's a spark issue or a fuel issue - connect a timing light and if the spark ceases and the engine dies, diagnose the ignition - if the spark is constant and the engine dies, diagnose the fuel issue - I'm guessing it's an ignition issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went out there this morning to mess with it a little and I couldn’t believe it. Started right up without hesitation and I rode it around the yard no problems at all. Shut it off and a couple hours later it’s doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Cheapest and easiest things first. Change the spark plug and test the coil wire and plug cap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts