Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought our first ATV, 2004 Magnum 330. It seems to be in overall good shape with 1400 miles but in my typical way when I purchase a vehicle I check all the fluids, pulled the tires off and just gave it a good once over. I notice the oil cooler lines are starting to seep(found the information on here about those before I bought-thx Polaris forums) and the upper gasket on the valve cover is leaking which seems to be a common issue. But when I was checking the fluids the fluid in what I would call the transfer case looks to be low. I checked it with a piece of white 14 ga wire and it looked extremely dirty. Questions are what level does this need to be and what kind of fluid does it take? Also I have a clicking noise at low speed when you first take off from the rear of the bike. I checked the brake rotor mounting bolts and they were loose. I cleaned tightened and re-locktited the bolts and the noise is still there. The fluid is right to the bottom of the fill hole and the fluid looks clean in the rear differential. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
526 Posts
The high PSI (70+ PSI) on these oil lines of the 325/330 size means they need to be replaced before they lead to a blown engine resulting from a blown oil line going to the oil cooler.

Sounds like to drain and refill with new fluids end to end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts