Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got the carb fixed, it seems to not be leaking but i am having issues with putting the tank back on and where the crankcase breather is supposed to go

as you can see the tank is sitting about a inch too high in the back and there is no possible way it will go down farther and i dont have any pieces that would go in there

also you can see the crank case breather just sitting against the frame rail it has a clamp on it but i never took that off anything

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
The hose goes to the front of the airbox. It has 2 hoses attached to the front of the airbox. The gas tank is not going all the way in because either the fuel shutoff,the wires going to the electrical box are in the way, or the two screws 1 by the choke lever 1 by the ignition switch are holding it back. You may need to loosen those screws. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i got the vac line on

and after doing a quick google search (should have done that before posting this) i found that i am missing a u shaped piece that goes between the tank and the frame, but i cant find that damn thing for the life of me its like it just walked away

thanks again for the help

·
Registered
238 Posts
Actually, you should have two nylon spacer about an inch and a half long that looks like a tube and you should have two bolts that are long enough to go through the spacers and thread into the frame from the fuel tank..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i found it, it was a piece of foam with spacers in the holes

i now have her mostly back together, doing an oil change and hopefully going to be starting it up tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts