Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used machine, found out it had a spun rod bearing and the center journal bearings were free spinning around the crank. I bought a reman crank and rods from nFlow and new main bearings from partzilla. Installed the main bearings and the center ones sit past the edge of the case on both halves, and the crank won’t sit down in the front bearings and rocks side to side. I’m thinking that the center journal in the crank housing is out-of-round. What can I do about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bought a used machine, found out it had a spun rod bearing and the center journal bearings were free spinning around the crank. I bought a reman crank and rods from nFlow and new main bearings from partzilla. Installed the main bearings and the center ones sit past the edge of the case on both halves, and the crank won’t sit down in the front bearings and rocks side to side. I’m thinking that the center journal in the crank housing is out-of-round. What can I do about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have no doubt that the case is badly damaged from a spun bearing.
Anything less than perfect is unacceptable when you are talking about a crankshaft and a local engine shop may have a fix for this but if it was me I would be scared of any quick fix.
I would just get a new case for $1,772.75 or a new engine for $4,890.15.
And get a oil pressure gauge and it goes in the center hole below the exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
17,742 Posts
Agreed - a new engine case is required to fix the engine - it can't be line bored and fit with oversized bearings like an automotive engine. The engine cases are part number 2205144 at $2014.50 - dealer cost on the crankcase is $1971.38

·
Registered
598 Posts
Agreed - a new engine case is required to fix the engine - it can't be line bored and fit with oversized bearings like an automotive engine. The engine cases are part number 2205144 at $2014.50 - dealer cost on the crankcase is $1971.38
So what you're saying is that I can get it about $400 cheaper than a dealer with shipping at $1,808.04
Product Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
17,742 Posts
I just checked all my sources instead of just my primary source - best price I can get is $1813.04 and free shipping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts