Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met with the a central ATVMaine rep last evening and was advised many of the trails in Maine will not open until June 1st due to saturated soil and water damage.

Signs/barriers should be in place within a couple days. Warden service and local law enforcement will be notified.

So, if you have a big Memorial Day ride scheduled, you might want to make other plans.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry to hear that, although the Sunrise coastal trail system is/has been open for a couple of weeks now and as of today (just checked) still is. I live 2 miles from it and have ridden about 50 miles of it since opening and it's in great shape. Some of the trails off it are still pretty rough from the winter (trees and such) and wet too. My guess is that the SCT being an old railroad bed drains pretty well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep a terrible winter followed by a horrible spring. Below average temps and it seems to rain every day blahhhhhhhh

I might hit the sunrise trail this weekend though, never been on that one :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
jay to farmington open

Met with the a central ATVMaine rep last evening and was advised many of the trails in Maine will not open until June 1st due to saturated soil and water damage.

Signs/barriers should be in place within a couple days. Warden service and local law enforcement will be notified.

So, if you have a big Memorial Day ride scheduled, you might want to make other plans.
..they opened the 17 mile whistle stop trail ..jay to farmington on the 15th..ran it sunday, was in great shape.jim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aroostook county trails mostly open on the 24th.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some trails in jackman opened on the 22nd

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm looking to come to Jackman from South Carolina on September 29 or so.
Looking to ride to the border.

You guys think the trails will be open by then?
Is this a good time to ride?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Should be good to go. Now the end of September could bring cool to cold temps...maybe even snow. Be prepared!

·
Registered
78 Posts

Should be good to go. Now the end of September could bring cool to cold temps...maybe even snow. Be prepared!
Thanks for the info.
I figured on packing for weather down to about 25 degrees, which isn't too bad until the wind is factored in.

I was hoping for brisk mornings followed by moderate (55-65°) afternoons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts