Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have my friend's Polaris 500 HO - 2004 for the summer and it has over 260 miles on it. Recently the wrench code started to blink 10 times when i start the engine then it goes off. What do I need to do in terms of required maintenance? I can do oil change, filter change etc by myself, but is there any other part that has to be done by the shop? And how do you reset the wrench after the maintenance?
thanks
Hi to all of you guys!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are some suggestions I found by searching this forum:

if you look in the manual, the number of flashes in between intervals is code for what the problem is

I'd try and disconnect the positive terminal on the battery and leave it off for a few minutes. Reconnect and try again.

You may want to do a search for yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some suggestions I found by searching this forum:

if you look in the manual, the number of flashes in between intervals is code for what the problem is

I'd try and disconnect the positive terminal on the battery and leave it off for a few minutes. Reconnect and try again.

You may want to do a search for yourself.
As far as I know, those are error codes, related to a electronic or a mechanical problem. I am talking about wrench maintenance code - that blinks on start up in evenly spaced intervals 10 times - a reminder for the needed maintenance.
I do not have a manual so I cannot look it up.
thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe you could call the dealer, maybe they could tell you.

Or, maybe someone else on here has a manual?, (or just go buy one?)

Either way good luck with it.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
that blinking does mean maintanance time, change the fluid; take the belt cover off and just see what it looks like and; in the manual it tells you how to reset the blinking wrench. oh ya grease everything up and if the air filter is stained or been wet, might as well change it and grab a k&n unless there is one one there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts