Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and took my scrambler out and went alittle hard on it has 24 hr and 77 miles brake pads were down to bear metal got stuck on a puddle of mud broke the d/s axle and bent all 3 calipers brackets on all three wheels don't know how that happend. took it to my polaris dealer and told me there not covered thru polaris warrenty any ideas on what I shouls due ???

·
Registered
333 Posts
you must have a bad dealer to work with. My dealer took care of everything, and i mean everything while in the 6 month Polaris warranty.
Can you not go to another Polaris dealer for a second opinion?

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Sounds like you were more than just a little hard on it. I'm guessing there is a little more to the story that we aren't hearing. :boggled: My only suggestion for you would be to maybe change your riding style a bit. These aren't little, lightweight sport quads.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Another case of rider abuse.

·
Registered
315 Posts
^^ yep, it's for faulty failures, not abuse on your quad. I'm sure you told the dealer the same story lol

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
yeah something smells here!! All I can think of would be rocks/pebbles in the rotors/pads and he kept riding and the pads got so hot they melted the calipers (it is what happened on a buddies canned ham, but at 1000 miles and only 1 caliper was toast) So sounds like lack of knowledge to stop and check what the squeal/smell was going on while riding.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
went and took my scrambler out and went alittle hard on it has 24 hr and 77 miles brake pads were down to bear metal got stuck on a puddle of mud broke the d/s axle and bent all 3 calipers brackets on all three wheels don't know how that happend. took it to my polaris dealer and told me there not covered thru polaris warrenty any ideas on what I shouls due ???
you should show us pics of what is broke

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd love to see a video of you beating the living shit out of that poor quad. Lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Bull Spit!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I guess it's alittle bit of both I em a new rider to the atv world but I also bought one of the best atv out there didn't expect this to happend lol I would post pictures just haven't figured it out yet and that funky smell u have might be u so go take a shower !!! lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yeah I guess it's alittle bit of both I em a new rider to the atv world but I also bought one of the best atv out there didn't expect this to happend lol I would post pictures just haven't figured it out yet and that funky smell u have might be u so go take a shower !!! lol
That's funny!! At least u take part blame lol

S3

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
So us the pics really so us the pics of the damage

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
:postpic:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
77 miles and 24 hours when did you have time to ride it hard that is a average of 3.2 MPH
you should not of wore out your brakes with that speed you could have just put out your feet

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds to me like somebody drove around with the parking brake on. When my sp 850 was new, a friend of mine hopped on my quad to take it for a quick ride. When he came back he wanted to know why the quad "wanted to stop" every time he let off the gas. Turned out he was driving with the parking brake on. He had only drove a couple hundred yards so no damage was done to my belt or brakes. If you were to drive for miles and miles like that, I'm sure it would destroy the brakes as described in the first post.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Seems like every month theres a " I broke 3 axles at once" or "snapped the calipers off'
thread.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^ more like every other week

1 - 20 of 54 Posts