Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was checking out my local dealers prices on the new 2014 570, and in the states it directly replaced the 500 ho, including price. (6299)

All my local dealers are 7399 for the non EPS version.

Gotta love how the Canadian dealers use a new model as an opportunity to crank up the price and gouge us even more than usual! Also, unless its a left over unit that is a year old, they never negotiate on price, or accessories.

My next ATV will be bought in the states for sure.

:lame:

/end rant

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Polaris may play the "we will not honor warranty on exported bikes" card.
Duties, gst, pst... will be due when you interact with Canada Customs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
422 Posts
Paid $6299, $6725 USD OTD for my non-EPS 570

MSRP is $6499, btw.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if you are from the states?

But yeah they have MSRP at 7399. And thats a non EPS. Eps is 8299.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, I'm from the states. Pennsylvania. Sucks your dealers up there are charging so much. EPS models here are $7299 I believe.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the eps is the same as i payed for my non eps 850.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its not the dealers its the same for all makes and models for some reason they up the price. I guess us canadians make more up here checked that out but its not true. I read it in a post awhile ago can't remember when or where. Its like most stuff u can buy cheaper online then u can in canada. I remember buying chinese swords here in Canada were over $300 bought them off ebay for $100

·
Registered
239 Posts
So I was checking out my local dealers prices on the new 2014 570, and in the states it directly replaced the 500 ho, including price. (6299)

All my local dealers are 7399 for the non EPS version.

Gotta love how the Canadian dealers use a new model as an opportunity to crank up the price and gouge us even more than usual! Also, unless its a left over unit that is a year old, they never negotiate on price, or accessories.

My next ATV will be bought in the states for sure.

:lame:

/end rant
I paid 5300.00 for mine at Rockland Marine ´in Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Our dollar is sinking, hence the price increase. Not much we can do about it. Polaris was the first to adjust prices when our dollar was at par, but now they have no choice but to increase due to the exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
its import tariffs guys. once upon a time the feds set the import rates to protect Canadian manufacturers and their market share.. the evils of that can be debated.. regardless.. many of these rates are outdated and don't apply because more often than not we don't produce a matching product that competes with the import here anymore.. These tariffs are a revenue source for the feds.. that's it and that's all.. I suspect that the import rate for quads is in the 15% range. On a $10,000 machine that's an instant $1500 over the same machine in the u.s.. there's some chatter about lowering the tariffs (go conservatives go!).. but when have you ever seen a gov't revenue stream dialed back?.. we all know the answer..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tax cut will never happen. Wait until Whinnie gets the new carbon tax going in Ontario. Glad Im as old as I am. Feel sorry for you young guys in Ontario. They are almost taxing you out of existence.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
it is awful I don't mind supporting but it is getting bad .....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
X93, where in Canada are you from? Pretty steep price tags!!

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Our dollar is sinking, hence the price increase. Not much we can do about it. Polaris was the first to adjust prices when our dollar was at par, but now thry have no choice but to increase due to the exchange rate.
When the Canadian dollar was worth more than the green back we still paid more. When at par we still paid more.
There goes that theory......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Our dollar is sinking, hence the price increase. Not much we can do about it. Polaris was the first to adjust prices when our dollar was at par, but now thry have no choice but to increase due to the exchange rate.
When the Canadian dollar was worth more than the green back we still paid more. When at par we still paid more.
when those bombardier atv and skidoo was built here in canada they were still cheaper to buy in the USA...

Our market is a mess because nobody is complaining.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
when those bombardier atv and skidoo was built here in canada they were still cheaper to buy in the USA...

I live in New Brunswick, Canada. In late 1991 we wanted to buy a new Ski Doo. Local prices were $7800 + 13% tax. We went across the border in Maine and picked up the new sled for $5100 (Canadian dollars), home in the yard! A sled made 1 province over in MY country is cheaper for me to buy in the USA???? Yeah we get it good!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts

I live in New Brunswick, Canada. In late 1991 we wanted to buy a new Ski Doo. Local prices were $7800 + 13% tax. We went across the border in Maine and picked up the new sled for $5100 (Canadian dollars), home in the yard! A sled made 1 province over in MY country is cheaper for me to buy in the USA???? Yeah we get it good!!!!!
Yep... but now if we do that... we have to pay customs or we dont have access to the warranty... same thing with gas... the price keep going up but the oil is going down every day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts