Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this topic has been covered before. does anyone know how to wire a manual switch for the fan on a 2012 850xp. I have googled and come up with nothing. thanks.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I would post a follow up. I bought a simple cut off handle bar switch from eBay. I used a simple relay triggered from the switch. This closed the circuit from fused battery source that went directly to the positive wire leading to the fan. I placed the relay in the 3rd headlight pod. The accessory power to the switch was provided by tapping into the power source for the 12v outlet. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Here's a vid of the mod I did about a month or so ago. Simple switch from the auto part store, tapped into one of my fused ACC wires so that it can only get power when the bike is switched on then tapped into the existing positive lead for the fan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is what you want for fan override if you wish to have all the options of both turning it on manually, keeping it factory, or turning it off (for water/mud etc)

And these are priced the same as most simple ON/OFF switch kits I've seen. Simply plug the T harness into existing fan plug, install the switch (and LED indicator if you wish), run hot wire to batt power.
Has built in alarm that sounds when in off position if your thermostat kicks on reminding you to turn the fan back on.

MCS Adventures - Fan Override Kits

·
Registered
97 Posts
On my 2001, I just found the hot side of the fan (+12V) and ran a wire from that, through a toggle switch, to any +12V that is controlled by the ignition. You could run it straight to the battery, but then it would be hot all the time, and you would have to remember to turn it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts