Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought...... I seen someplace where you could buy a manual cable, which connected to the pivot handle, allowing you to pull the cable and push one side of the blade against the snow for the angle you wanted. Then release the cable and then the lock could lock up and remain in that angle. Where ever I "thought" I seen it, I can't find it.

It would be nice to have something cheap that you could change the blade angle without having to get off the quad. It doesn't appear that it would be that hard to make something yourself but, looking for ideas.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A buddy of mine has a piece or rope going to the locking lever, then has a longer piece of rope going to a hole he's drilled into each side of the top portion of the blade. He says it works great. Pulls the rope to disengage the lock, then pulls the rope on the side of the blade he wants to turn. Kind of hard to explain in words though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy of mine has a piece or rope going to the locking lever, then has a longer piece of rope going to a hole he's drilled into each side of the top portion of the blade. He says it works great. Pulls the rope to disengage the lock, then pulls the rope on the side of the blade he wants to turn. Kind of hard to explain in words though.
I understand exactly what he does. I was thinking about the rope to the handle, then just turn the quad so that the blade turned, then release the rope to lock it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I saw a posting on here where a guy did this with the retractable pet leashes.....

What plow system do you have?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I saw a posting on here where a guy did this with the retractable pet leashes.....

What plow system do you have?
GlacierIII 60" quick connect/disconnect.

Someone made an outfit, I thought it was Cycle Country but, I can't find it.
I may bolt a "D" ring or something on the blade and attach a rope to the handle that I can pull to disengage the pivot latch. Just turning the front wheels with the blade down, should change the angle on the quad. Then let go the rope.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That's why I was asking.... as I was thinkin g about my plow system (Glacier 3) and how the pivot handle needs to be pushed down. Your D-ring idea sounds like it should work. And then just turning the wheels the opposite direction you want the blade to go while pulling ahead slightly.... just may be enough to turn the blade.... release the rope to lock postion and Bingo, angled plow on the wheeler.... on the cheap!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe I'd rather have just a single cable or rope. I think just turning the tires with the blade down will turn the plow. If I get a chance in the next couple days, I'm going to sperament.........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah that's cool. For the rope to pull the pin. I put a eye bolt on the top of the blade. Then another thru one of the holes in the slot where the blade angles. That way the pin is pulled down and the blade is able to swing side to side. Make sure the pin catches when released cause I've thought I had blade angled all the way to one side or the other and I start going forward and the pin hadn't caught and the blade slides the other way. Not a big deal just a heads up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice and warm in the garage with the wood furnace going today, then it warmed out outside. It took me longer to find an eye bolt than anything else.
Turning the wheels turns the blade. Its a little harder on bare blacktop but next to the snow, it worked. Redneck manual pivot :lmao:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice and warm in the garage with the wood furnace going today, then it warmed out outside. It took me longer to find an eye bolt than anything else.
Turning the wheels turns the blade. Its a little harder on bare blacktop but next to the snow, it worked. Redneck manual pivot :lmao:

Nice! I like this. I will have to try this when I get my plow next year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a video camera, except for what's on the camera. Trying to do it all myself ended up in a jiggly mess, so I didn't post that. But it works. Notice I put something on the front rack to keep the rope from rubbing...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Here is my setup, this is just a Swisher Plow with universal mount. Plow came with a rope (red) to pull up blade lock, I added the rope from one end of plow to the other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts