Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to polaris but have a 250 xplorer that I have gone through. I'm down to the brakes and have replaced all calipers and both master cylinders. With that said when I try to bleed the system and pump the foot brake it blows fluid into the hand brake MC, to the point it over flows and empties the foot brake MC. Any help is appreciated.

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,140 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
The rear caliper is defective or of the wrong construction for the application.

The 2000 Xplorer 250 brake caliper has 2 pistons and a separate brake line for each piston in the caliper. Later models used a dual diameter caliper - in this design, if the seal between the rear and front diameter piston fails, the fluid from the rear brake will be forced to the front brake.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear caliper is defective or of the wrong construction for the application.

The 2000 Xplorer 250 brake caliper has 2 pistons and a separate brake line for each piston in the caliper. Later models used a dual diameter caliper - in this design, if the seal between the rear and front diameter piston fails, the fluid from the rear brake will be forced to the front brake.
Thank you so much for the information, I split the brand new caliper and fond 2 small O rings that sealed the ports. One of the recesses for the O ring was milled too deep and not allowing the O ring to seal so you were correct. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts