Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good place online to get a set of maxxis zilla 26-9-12 and 26-11-12? shipped to MN

Also its for a sportsman 500ho, I shouldn't need any clutching with one inch bigger right?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Take a look at rocky mountain atv or the atv superstore.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Zilllas are very light and 1" bigger won't require any clutching changes. But if you are going to run them, I assume you will be doing a lot of mudding. That will be vary hard on belts without a clutch kit. If not doing a lot of mudding, look at a less aggressive tire. They ride very rough to about 10mph.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, nope not a lot of mudding, but some here and there while im trying to get into some lakes. I had a set before on another quad and liked them. They didn't lack in traction for sure and I only got one flat in 3 years. The ride was o.k. and they seem to be super light compared to others for the smaller 500, and that would be a huge plus. I really wanna leave clutching stock though. Anyone recommend something else that wont require so much power to turn. I do get into the muskeg and have to winch here and there, but there is usually 10-20 miles of logging roads first

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check out the mudlite XL I just ordered a set for my daughters 500. She likes to play with the big boys, but a non HO 500 lacks in turning the heavy radials. They have 1 1/8" lugs with a center design that rides smooth at all speeds, and the 25" I ordered for her only weigh 16 and 18lbs front and back. She is young enough to handle the rougher ride of the bias ply compared to my abused body. She will also have an easier time keeping up on the trails with the smaller machine compared to all the 550-850 machines we ride with. You will give up a little mud performance, but gain trail manners and ride quality. Got mine on sale on Ebay for $355 shipped the other day. 25-8-12 and 25-10-12

25" ITP Mud Lite XL ATV UTV Tires Complete Set of 4 25x8x12 25x10x12 | eBay

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Go to Mud-Throwers.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts