Polaris ATV Forum banner

Maxxis ZILLA tires

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  danbohn 
#1 ·
I have been looking at buying these (27x10x14 and 27x12x10) tires on STI HD3 rim, is anyone using this setup. I have a 2013 base model scrambler white. If so how do you guys like them?

#5 ·
I think I found the off set, it is 4+3 in the front and 4+4 in the rear. I have been looking at STI HD3 rims. From what I have read these are pretty close to the stock rims and tires.

#6 ·
Or is there another tire that might be better. I'm getting those swamp lites for my wife's scrambler.

#13 ·
have u ever had swamp lites

#7 ·
I've got sti hd 3 on my 850 sportsman and there alot more offset than stockers but I like the wider stance mine is non eps and its not to hard to steer

#8 ·
as far as I know..the HD3 comes in 2 offsets for the 4/156 bolt pattern.....6+1 and 4+3 offsets...I am not sure on the scramblers..but if you go 6+1 on the fronts the 10" wheel may be tight with a 6+1 offset compared to a 4+3 in the front...hope some one chimes in on this..

#9 ·
Scrambler 850 is the same as the other XP bikes. Steel rims (14x6) will be 5+1, while alloy rims (16x7) are 6+1 offsets. A 4+3 offset would work, but the rim is going to stick out 2 inches on each side, making the overall width over 50 inches. There are threads in this forum with more details if you need

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Like Al said, the HD3 now come in 2 offsets. 6+1 and 4+3. Where I ride the 4+3 make you barely fit through the width restrictors at the trail crossings and in some places make your quad not trail legal as it's over 50" wide.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

#14 ·
No I have not had the swamp kites I have been looking at then though seem good, but so do the STI Black diamonds... Kinda the same tire... The dealership I deal with they told me to try the new swamp fox plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
well it depnds on the riding you do.. everyone i knew who had swamp lites hated them and god rid of them first chance they got

#16 ·
That's good to know..... I don't want those then maybe the STI black diamonds then... Anybody had those yet?

#17 ·
So I went with the Zillas... What air pressure are you guys running them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.