Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am potentially buying a 2004 Polaris sportsman 500h.o and have a few questions.

I am 6.2ft and weigh 260lbs do you think this would have enough power? Anyone know the difference between the H.o and non h.o? Has the intake height ever been a problem, my atv I have now has the intake where the gas tank is on the Polaris? How much hp does it have and and what is the top speed (not looking to go any faster than 40mph). And is there anything I should be looking for when I go to see it this weekend? Any common problems?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The 500 should have enough power to pull you around without a problem. And 40 MPH might be close to the top speed of the 500. The HO is suppose to mean High Output but I can't tell you the difference. Intake height on the Polaris is about the same. The Engine intake will go up under the fuel tank plastic and the clutch will be about the same. Safe max depth is just under top frame rail. If you are looking at the 2004 you will have an early one with the front clutches in the hubs and later with the front clutch in the front differential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts