Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should have a memorial service for the 500s. People can post their thoughts and send a card to Polaris to thank them for killing the best selling atv of all time. :nixweiss:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My thoughts...best bang for the buck! Hope the 570 lives up to the reputation of the classic!

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
I think give the 570 a couple of years and the 500 will be forgotten, a thing of the past, a fond memory. To much of a good thing isn't always a good thing. Think Honda.......

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would thank them for not being stagnant like many of the other manufacturers. It had gotten to the point where the 400 and 500 sportsmans were competing with each other. If folks want the Fuji, get a 400.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
AND its not a "400". Its a 450 PLUS!! LOL

Since it went full sized its a natural to help fill the good from the 500.

CW

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
The 500 isn't dead, it just leveled up. to use a little gamer speak. for all those guys who think that polaris is making a huge mistake doing this, you're wrong. Change is constant. if you don't change you die. The 570 is just the next step. Polaris can't maintain the #1 spot in the ATV market without inovating and updating. Yes The 500 was the best selling ATV of all times. But every record is only there to be beaten. And Polaris wants to be the one beating the record. Not leaving it alone for someone else to beat.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The 500 isn't dead, it just leveled up. to use a little gamer speak. for all those guys who think that polaris is making a huge mistake doing this, you're wrong. Change is constant. if you don't change you die. The 570 is just the next step. Polaris can't maintain the #1 spot in the ATV market without inovating and updating. Yes The 500 was the best selling ATV of all times. But every record is only there to be beaten. And Polaris wants to be the one beating the record. Not leaving it alone for someone else to beat.
EXACTLY!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Thorshammer: exactly!

This is what I enjoy about can-am and Polaris. They are always trying to outdo each other. The new grizzly has some of the first changes they've made in years and its still way behind can-am and Polaris. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and reliable but behind in technology, power and ergonomics.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If polaris didn't come out with the 570, they would have virtually no answer for the can-am 500 in its new G2 form..

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
If polaris didn't come out with the 570, they would have virtually no answer for the can-am 500 in its new G2 form..
Bingo! The Outty 500 puts out 47hp, not sure if they improved the torque though.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would probably still take the outty bc its a twin.

But seriously, who buys a machine because of a fancy new frame.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I think the 570 is great. For a few hundred more you get a bigger motor, FI and some small refinements. I truly hope it lives up to the 500 legend. I wish I would have waited a few months before buying my 2nd 500, I would have been all over a 570.

Don't get all teary eyed. Think of the Scrambler. Everyone was missing a sporty 4x4 in the line up since the Scrambler was so outdated. "They really need something like a Polaris Renegade". I don't see any complaints about the new Scrammie, just everyone posting smiles.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The 570 is gonna sell just as well if not better than the 500. EFI and more hp. While I like my 500, the 570 is a better machine all around. I agree to the poster who said they didn't kill the 500, they made it better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts