Premium Member
1,632 Posts
gobigparts.......

I just have one question......

Why didn't you invite me?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Do you have any recommendations on lodging for that area, maybe on or close to the trails? Maybe for a group of 6 or so riders?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any recommendations on lodging for that area, maybe on or close to the trails? Maybe for a group of 6 or so riders?

Let me know if you come Maybe I can run up and ride with you that weekend also. We have cabin up there. Peacock LTD dealership is just down the road from Wolf lake and there is a feeder trail off the main trail going right to it. You can pick up your MI orv and trail permits there as well as anything else you might need atv or gear related.

https://wolflakemotel.com/

Best Bear Lodge & Campground - Baldwin | (231) 266-5235

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Thanks, will check them out and advise..,

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Lets figure out a time! Looks good to me, I'm in Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I have 7 weeks of vacation to use... I can work around everyone's schedule. I sent RND a message to also check out the video.

I agree, lets make this a destination!

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Do they allow bikes? Maybe Ben and Tom too.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
gobigparts,

Can you answer the above question?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do they allow bikes? Maybe Ben and Tom too.
Yes, the trails I was riding was an ORV route which is open to bikes, quads, side x sides, and jeep and trucks. Most of these trails also have a motorcycle route that runs next to them and keeps crossing them. Some of the guys I know will just run the ORV routes on their dirt bikes. Here is a link with maps: https://lakecotrails.com/

These trails get groomed as well so mid week to early weekend they are smooth. By Saturday afternoon they start to get rough again. Stay tuned for part 2 and 3 to see more of this system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Do you have any recommendations on lodging for that area, maybe on or close to the trails? Maybe for a group of 6 or so riders?"

Best bear lodge and campground, its a little north of Baldwin but really close to the ORV trails. Family owned and very ORV friendly. Wife and I stayed there for a weekend in May and loved it. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We stay a bit North of Baldwin in Irons RV Park. Very clean and reasonable rates. It is still in Lake County and is pretty close to the trail systems.

For those that don't know, you can ride basically everywhere in Lake county.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We stay a bit North of Baldwin in Irons RV Park. Very clean and reasonable rates. It is still in Lake County and is pretty close to the trail systems.

For those that don't know, you can ride basically everywhere in Lake county.
Well except for where it says no ATV's or basically any federal forest rd.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
I think it looks great! Generally, if I am gonna travel that far I would like 2-4 days worth of riding or other activities in the area. Is there enough there for several days? Are there other trail systems in the area?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it looks great! Generally, if I am gonna travel that far I would like 2-4 days worth of riding or other activities in the area. Is there enough there for several days? Are there other trail systems in the area?
Yeah if you look at lakecotrails you will see the different systems, lincoln hills, little manistee, Tin Cup and Little-O. Little-O is a 50" trail that works for quads but can get tight is spots and is slower going than the ORV routes I listed above. Plus most all of the county rds are legal to ride on. There is a really cool store to goto called Dublin General store that has a huge meat selection as well as hommade Jerky, Summer Suasage, Brats and dips of all flavors. Groceries & hardware there as well. There is a nice dealership on a feeder trail just of the Little manistee trail. They polaris, canam, yamaha, and Roxor and more. And of course there are lots of lakes, state land and federal land and some decent restaurants close to trails.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Yeah if you look at lakecotrails you will see the different systems, lincoln hills, little manistee, Tin Cup and Little-O. Little-O is a 50" trail that works for quads but can get tight is spots and is slower going than the ORV routes I listed above. Plus most all of the county rds are legal to ride on. There is a really cool store to goto called Dublin General store that has a huge meat selection as well as hommade Jerky, Summer Suasage, Brats and dips of all flavors. Groceries & hardware there as well. There is a nice dealership on a feeder trail just of the Little manistee trail. They polaris, canam, yamaha, and Roxor and more. And of course there are lots of lakes, state land and federal land and some decent restaurants close to trails.
Sounds good, Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well except for where it says no ATV's or basically any federal forest rd.
I was referring to the fact there is far more allowed riding than not allowed. The ability to move between trail systems is awesome. Being restricted form not ridding the Quad to Jones Ice Cream in Baldwin sucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts