Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperatures hit 99 degrees during our ride today. 100 degrees when we called it quits. Even in shaded areas, I am guessing it was at least 90 degrees. We took a lot of breaks today, and logged only 20 miles.

How do you manage to ride in the Southeast's summer heat?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
My new 2019 850sp has Air Conditioning.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I knew I should have spent more money to get a model with AC. :wink

I lived in Wisconsin for a couple of years. Froze my ass off. And that was down in the tropical city of Janesville. Does it even reach 70 degrees in Winter, errr... in the summer. Confusing. But anyway... enjoy your new 850 SP. Awesome looking ride, and watch out for the polar bears.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts

I lived in Wisconsin for a couple of years. Froze my ass off. And that was down in the tropical city of Janesville. Does it even reach 70 degrees in Winter, errr... in the summer. Confusing. But anyway... enjoy your new 850 SP. Awesome looking ride, and watch out for the polar bears.

The A/C option I got was called the 2-70 package.......

Two windows down and go 70 mph!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The A/C option I got was called the 2-70 package.......

Two windows down and go 70 mph!!!

Lol. Crazy!:vogel:

·
Registered
285 Posts
My HL 1000 over heated for the first time yesterday, no water to play in, lots of deep sand.
It's almost inescapable if you run the machine hard in this weather. I hope your HL found its way again.
It was pissed off last night, spitting out the vent hose. It was cutting out a little bit, stopped and ran the fan only a couple of times. Loaded up fine, started and ran great this morning for the cleaning.
Need to take all the plastic off for some deep maintenance, from a-arm bushings to radiator cleaning and flush.
Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts