Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh no kiding huh? O well thought polaris being made in the USA had a bragging rite of standard wrenches ect. Kinda the reason I bought a Polaris. Thats all right. Polaris rocks

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Most stuff worldwide is metric.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
And where did you get the idea it was made in the USA?
Now you did it, went and ruined it for him!!!

:rotflmao:

They moved ATV Mfg to Mexico a couple-few years back. Engines are from Fuji Heavy Industries in Japan, stuff from China and Mexico too. But, a lot of the steel tubing is made in the USA, in Minneapolis, MN. Friend works at the plant making the tubing for the XP, RZR, and Ranger lines, and probably the value line too. (Maybe that's where the frame issues come in?)

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
And where did you get the idea it was made in the USA?
Now you did it, went and ruined it for him!!!

:rotflmao:

They moved ATV Mfg to Mexico a couple-few years back. Engines are from Fuji Heavy Industries in Japan, stuff from China and Mexico too. But, a lot of the steel tubing is made in the USA, in Minneapolis, MN. Friend works at the plant making the tubing for the XP, RZR, and Ranger lines, and probably the value line too. (Maybe that's where the frame issues come in?)
Not all were moved to mexico. Mine was built in USA.

BUT Mexican built does not mean low quality.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Noticed youre from MA, where abouts and what dealer did you end up buying it at?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ah nice, i used to work at Six Flags while i was in College in Enfeild.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool saw evil jump at riverside 100 yrs ago

k -n- n filters for the polaris and snowplow in your description. ordered a popular pre-oiled orange air filter and first thing i asked was huh? just the foam part dont cut it. so k&n 's got em nice. how bout whats the top shelf snow plow out there? dont want one that drops by accident when doing 40 mph. endo's arent my idea of having a jolly time. nowadays the average citizen witness's a catastrophe and ck's for wallets and runs. a few out there know the # for 911

·
Registered
226 Posts
I find working on my quad a huge mix up. I find that standard is working on some parts of the quad and fit better then i find places were metric fits better.. Maybe the motor is metric put i use standard the rest of the places most the time

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
k -n- n filters for the polaris and snowplow in your description. ordered a popular pre-oiled orange air filter and first thing i asked was huh? just the foam part dont cut it. so k&n 's got em nice. how bout whats the top shelf snow plow out there? dont want one that drops by accident when doing 40 mph. endo's arent my idea of having a jolly time. nowadays the average citizen witness's a catastrophe and ck's for wallets and runs. a few out there know the # for 911
Yes the K&N is a PL-1003 Filter. you can find them on eBay for ~$30. i bought the Eagle Plow be cause this one is a Mid Mount, which mounts by the floor boards not right at the nose of the ATV. its supposed to be a decent plow setup. i bougth mine for $470 Shipped from ATV Superstore, ive een them for as low as $430 Shipped on eBay. its shouldnt drop unless your winch fails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.