Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Top speed is up there. No one has found out exactly all its got. mpg is hard to say because there are so many factors in it. But is mpg really a issue? a tank lasts me several hours.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I havent checked mpg but i can ride several hours on a tank. Its lasting longer the more time I get on it

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
a guy had one alone on one of our trips
top speed was like 68
mileage was less then my 850 but it was fast riding and we all had 800,850 and 1000's he had her squeezed most of the time, I just remember that he was pissed at one of the gas stops about his mileage , at first he thought great until he found out I put in less fuel then he did with my 850

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have 11 hours on my new motor. I rode yesterday for 4 hours with everything from fast trails to crazy 4 low technical climbs. Passenger the whole time with me, I used 2 bars of fuel. Fill the tank past the neck and you get another 1/2 gal in the tank. Big air pocket on top.

·
Registered
460 Posts
a guy had one alone on one of our trips
top speed was like 68
mileage was less then my 850 but it was fast riding and we all had 800,850 and 1000's he had her squeezed most of the time, I just remember that he was pissed at one of the gas stops about his mileage , at first he thought great until he found out I put in less fuel then he did with my 850
Wow, I'm surprised at that Indy...my 850 drinks fuel like crazy!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
our 570 also drinks more fuel than the 850. but we have had snow on the ground with stock tires since it was purchased. im sure its working alot harder to get through the snow than my 850.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Mine is a fuel sipper. Often go ridin all day and never exceed half a tank. That's loaded with 2 people on average trails with lots of terrain change.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got mine to 60 with break in oil but I let off cause I was in my neighborhood. ��

·
Registered
14 Posts
As far as MPG goes, I'm getting 9-10 mpg. Same number on the last 4 fill ups. 44-46 miles a tank. Most of my riding is in mud and ruts, sometimes with 2 people. I haven't been able to do and hard pack or rocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 570 efi

Around 60 is the top speed on my 2016 570 EFI with my 220lb. tuckas planted on it. Truth be told, I was a very disappointed as I went from a 2014 400 H.O. (last of the carbed models) to this 570 EFI thinking it would be a significant difference in power (I think the place I bought from said it was supposed to have something like 25% more power). I am 46 and no longer have the need to light it up, but this thing is a pooch. It may be all of 5 mph faster than the 400 which did about 55 on the top end, but its low end power is very disappointing (seems like it has less than the 400 did) and it goes through a ton more gas than the 400 (seems like double although I never actually checked it). I am now looking for something that will at least be able to pop a little wheely (just for kicks). This 570 won't lift the front tires off the ground at all and will only spin tires on loose gravel. On a seperate note, if you are thinking about a Sportmkans, the last three Sportmans I have owned all have came with the basic factory rims. I have always had to put tubes in as everyone as without exception every tire would develop slow leaks. Polaris must know this is an issue. Anybody else had this issue as I am wondering if it is just leaking where the valve stems meet the rims and if a better valve or a little caulk would by chance fix the problem. One year with the new 570 and it can be take some cranking for it to start, the gas gauge disappeared about 4 months ago(sounds like a common issue-keep in mind it isn't covered as these only come with a 6 month warranty), and I had to put in 4 new tubes. The shifting was goofy out of the crate (grinding to get it in gear, and had to be fixed.) I live in Minnesota, so I have stuck with my local atv manufacturer through thick and thin (my first Polaris I bought was the first year the Indy Trail snowmobiles came out). I have never bought anything but Polaris (well as far as new anyway), but between Polaris's metal supplier (has ownerships ties to Polaris) being one of the biggest environmental polluters in Minnesota (lots of EPA fines) and knowing I can get a better quality atv, elsewhere I have bought my last Polaris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When ever me and my buddy ride my 570 seems to use about the same amount of gas as his 200? sportsman 500 does, I've thought it really sips the fuel.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My 2017 top speed is over 65 mph, I had to let off the thumb at that point but it was still pulling. Mileage, over 120 miles to a tank doing easy riding no AWD. I can check when I get back in front of the machine but we put up 120 - 140 miles this past weekend and I have 2 bars left on the display.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of different speeds and fuel usages listed. Also read multiple post in other forums about the 570 being setup lean to pass emission test thus creating the heat issue. Just wondering if the riders getting poor gas mileage have the heat issues. My 570 sips gas but will roast your right leg, even wearing knee high boots. Is there a correlation? Please post good or bad gas mileage and if you experience the heat issue.

·
Premium Member
11,408 Posts
When we hit the "roads" in WV last week I noticed when I was behind my buddy with the 570 we weren't doing much over 50mph. While the big bores up front where pulling away doing 60+.

But on the other hand there wasn't a wheeler in the group that could even come close to what the 570 could in mpg.

Reactions: Vandal

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've had mine up to 55 at that point I turn into a chicken and back off throttle. could be a tad off due to my tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of different speeds and fuel usages listed. Also read multiple post in other forums about the 570 being setup lean to pass emission test thus creating the heat issue. Just wondering if the riders getting poor gas mileage have the heat issues. My 570 sips gas but will roast your right leg, even wearing knee high boots. Is there a correlation? Please post good or bad gas mileage and if you experience the heat issue.
Bump!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts