Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a '15 Ace 570 that has it's rear tires out of alignment. Been this way since buying it. Bugging me more since my neighbor bought his 50" Maverick with perfect alignment.
The right rear tire is angled in at the top and toed in. The left rear is not as bad. I've seen others at dealerships and trails that are either better, the same and worse than mine. Wish Polaris had a better handle on the alignment of these frames.
The difference riding the Ace and behind it compared to my Grizzly is noticeable. When riding straight on a gravel type trail or loose dirt. You can plainly see the Ace kicking up debris outwards away from the machine and disturbing whatever your riding on. The Grizzly doesn't hardly leave a mark. Letting off the throttle on each and even moving them around in my garage shows with the incorrect rear tire alignment on the Polaris is def robbing HP (my Ace has a clutch kit to reduce the engine braking). I know the Ace being heavier contributes to this abit.
I noticed the bracket that holds the right rear supension arms is not welded as tight to the frame like the left. I'm know that is not helping. I have pics to show.
My bushings and bearings have no play.
Suspect the only way to correct this rewelding brackets and /or suspension arms?
Anyone else correct there machine?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
the wife's 570 was like that when newer ,i tightened the rear shock collars to stiffest and wheels were much straighter, with or without rider on quad ,

·
Premium Member
9,932 Posts
You just bought this quad and it's used, correct? How many miles and hours? The right rear shock and spring gets beat up from the heat of the exhaust on the ATV's. I'm assuming the routing of the exhaust is the same on the ACE. Depending on the miles/hours/abuse it may be time for new shocks and springs. But if this machine was bought used there may be more serious damage there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just bought this quad and it's used, correct? How many miles and hours? The right rear shock and spring gets beat up from the heat of the exhaust on the ATV's. I'm assuming the routing of the exhaust is the same on the ACE. Depending on the miles/hours/abuse it may be time for new shocks and springs. But if this machine was bought used there may be more serious damage there.
I doubt that the issue is due to abuse or a tired spring. I have seen brand new machines with the same problem. Bought mine with about 340 miles and was in like new condition. It was an elderly couple who owned 2 identical machines. This was the wifes Ace. They traded it in for a RZR to take there grandson on rides.
I replaced all stock springs with Bandit springs. It didn't make any difference at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts