Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 800 efi ho it has about 100hrs. I was riding in welch,wv. And burn't my belt. Took it to the shop and when i got it back it would start [email protected] at full throttle for about 30 min. After that it will run good but at 50 mph it starts missing again. I took it back to the shop they couldn't find the problem,polaris told them to change the belt(no help).i changed the sparkplugs and clean the filter(no help). Has anyone had this problem,please help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, glad to be here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I WENT RIDING SUN. AND IT WAS RUNNING REALLY BAD WOULDN'T GET OVER 30 MPH. WE TOOK 1 WIRE OFF THE COIL IT RAN PUT IT BACK ON AND TOOK THE 2nd. WIRE OFF IT SHUT DOWN. WE WENT HOME CHECKED THE NEW PLUG IT HAD A CRACK.CHANGED THE PLUG RUNS GREAT.PROBLEM FIXED. I WAS WONDERIN IS THERE A WAY TO BYPASS MY OVERRIDE MODE FOR REVERSE 4+4? I'M TIED OF HOLDIN THE BUTTON TO KEEP IT IN 4-WHEEL DRIVE BACKIN UP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i had this problem at our shop before,the efi fuel system has a 100 micron fuel filter on it and will not let water pass threw the filter.the filter is big enough to allow some fuel to flow even with some water in it to a certian point.to much water will restrict the fuel flow,you have to remove the fuel filter and with compressed air blow out the filter from the out side of the filter,the water will blow out from the line in side,the way the water entered the filter.this should fix your problem.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Sounds like it could be hitting the rev limiter.
I agree, my '07 700 had exactly the same issue. Also at about 100 hours...

My issue was a oil leak soaking the belt. I had everything checked at the dealer. The fixed the leak, and installed new belt. Then later at home, I installed a EPI Clutch kit... NO MORE ISSUES!!

I was bouncing off the rev limiter at 30-40 MPH.

CW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts