Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been riding ATV's and dirt bikes off and on since I was 16, but usually just on a friends or families machines. I'm 31 now. Last summer I finally bought my own. I went all out and spent $500 on a 1986 Honda TRX200SX. It's a fun little ATV but it didn't take me long to realize I wanted more power. I kept the Honda for my 9 year old son and started the search for my own.

Long story short, I found what I think is a good deal on an '03 Predator. I just picked it up over the weekend for $900.00. It needs a battery, headlights, and a shift lever. I did get to drive it and everything was in working order so as I said, I think it was a pretty good deal. I've got the new shift lever on order and I'm picking up a battery on my way home from work today. I've been looking for lights on ebay. I also want to get a set of nerf bars and maybe some decals as they have been removed.

Anyway, I just wanted to get started on these forums and also see if anyone has any recommendations for which nerf bars I should get. Also, anything I should look out for with this ATV. I've read other places that you should change the oil more frequently and check the valves pretty regularly. I'm not worried about the oil but checking the vales will be a learning process for me.

I've posted an album on my profile so if you want to see what this machine looks like head over there and take a look.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts