Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rode spider lake? Thinking bout starting a family camping riding weekend there. Heard its awesome some say best place in mn. Problem is some ppl in the family dont have anything to ride so wondering if there are other stuff to do there to keep people happy not riding. I hear there is fishing and normal camping things to do there just looking for experience from ppl who has stayed there

·
Registered
20 Posts
We did a day trip there last summer and had a blast. The one comment that I would make is that at least on the day we were there all the campsites appeared to be in use so you may want to take that into consideration.

We will definitely go back for a day trip in 2014.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the advice on that. Ill see what i can do to get a campsite early. Im guessing avoid holiday weekends

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I haven't but would like too try that area.... I too have heard it's good riding area!

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have hunting land 15 miles from spider lake, we ride there every summer, its a lot of fun. The southern part is a bit hilly and rocky but as you go north it smooths out, and you can go a long way north, bring extra gas. You might tey huntersville also very close to spider lake also pretty good riding, and there is a bar called the outpost to camp and get refreshments.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have hunting land 15 miles from spider lake, we ride there every summer, its a lot of fun. The southern part is a bit hilly and rocky but as you go north it smooths out, and you can go a long way north, bring extra gas. You might tey huntersville also very close to spider lake also pretty good riding, and there is a bar called the outpost to camp and get refreshments.
are you actually saying there is a bar with a campsite and a place to ride?!?! Im pretty excited for summer to get here. Here in minnesota the only riding we get in the inter is across the lake

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Another real fun place is the Akeley, MN area.... lodge, bar-grill, camp ground (The Stomoing Grounds) nestled right in the trail system and very atv/ dirt bike friendly!!! We went there a couple times this last year.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's hear everyone's favorite spot in Mn to ride and camp or just ride...thanks I'll check out the one in akely. Is it online?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I go to smokey hills with buddies alot and just got back from a ride up by Park Rapids last week. Big Sand lake area. Really nice and a ton of different terrain to ride.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I go to smokey hills with buddies alot and just got back from a ride up by Park Rapids last week. Big Sand lake area. Really nice and a ton of different terrain to ride.
About how many miles of riding is there

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If you ever venture up to the Park Rapid's or Akeley area's let me know...... I live about a 1.25 to 1.75 hour ride away in Fergus Falls, and would be happy to come up for a day trip or camp for a weekend.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you ever venture up to the Park Rapid's or Akeley area's let me know...... I live about a 1.25 to 1.75 hour ride away in Fergus Falls, and would be happy to come up for a day trip or camp for a weekend.
Sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
About how many miles of riding is there
Probably about 283757893 miles. Seriously we have rode this area since highschool and every time I go down with my buddy we find new trails. I'd ride all week there and camp if I could.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Has anyone rode spider lake? Thinking bout starting a family camping riding weekend there. Heard its awesome some say best place in mn. Problem is some ppl in the family dont have anything to ride so wondering if there are other stuff to do there to keep people happy not riding. I hear there is fishing and normal camping things to do there just looking for experience from ppl who has stayed there
I have ridden it 1 time. Very cool. There are many camping spots and a lake. The trails do hook up to other systems, but we just stayed inside that system.

IMO Neamdji State forest is THE best riding within 2 hrs of The cities. Duluth is close. The town of Askov as well as Moose Lake have just about anything you need. I don't camp up there as its only an hour from my house.
The links that Mustbenice provided are you ticket to all MN trails..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts