Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my clutch kit and intake i was really wanting a new exh for my quad. Just could not justify the price currently of what dual exh systems cost and didint want a single.

Also was looking to keep noise levels low since i do ride near homes.

Ill post up a video later. But before i was at about 6200 rpms and now im on the rev limiter. Going to make adjustments today and have some fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Looks like a lot of work, how's it sound? By the results of RPM I'm guessing you freed up some HP and now need to tweek the clutch kit you just got.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a lot of work, how's it sound? By the results of RPM I'm guessing you freed up some HP and now need to tweek the clutch kit you just got.
It took about 2 hours from start to finish. Not to bad at all. And sounds just loke stock maybe couple db louder and thats what my goal was. I didint want it really loud. Just adjusted clutch kit now
Will test soon :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i played around with clutching. Man this thing is fun now. I never had to use 4wd while just riding through grass. But with new clutch kit and bolt ons these 27 mudlite xtrs are tearing up the earth :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After talking to adam the first time i installed the kit i used everything supplied minus the qsc weights to keep my rpms up high... not that i installed exh i put weights back in and put both shims in and got it perfect just took it out behind house in some mud. Thing is unstopable in low gear :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No after speaking him i came up with idea to use stock weights. I really just didint have the mmpphhh to pull it out of the hole woth aggressive ramp rate weights. But shocking the exh wad enough to give it what it needed. And i then could install the new wieghts.

Adam was a pleasure to work with and get it dialed into what i wanted. Im really picky so for me to be happy its a huge plus. I will be doing a custom ecu setup on it and high comp with u4.4 fuel soon. Then we will really have fun! Thanks for all your interest in my project.

·
Registered
12 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1390794293155.jpg here's a picture of mine I did last week, didn't want to mess with elbow's and kinda like the look of the straight pipes, there not as long as the look in the picture just barely sit lower than the rear bumper, did you do anything inside the muffler? I just cut mine with the plasma cutter so it was as big as the new pipe and welded them on, made sure to not cut any further forward then the old elbow so I didn't get into the baffle. Not much louder than stock just deeper

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also what is there to do to the intake and how much of a difference is there mine is a 08 efi 800

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
yea i would like to see your intake mod too if you don't mind? also how big is your high lifter lift?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts