Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Try it now. Let me know if it works?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm sure the rack/bracket does not hit the bumper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture with the Cargo box open.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
so what exactly did you do? add a mount to the front to hold the front of a VL model Rack extender?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually this it the factory Polaris rack that is designed to fit the 2015 850 touring without the Cargo Box installed. I basically bent it a bit narrower to line up with the cargo box lid better and built a bracket off the front to support the two posts that come on the rack.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Roger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks really nice. I wanted to find a rack extender before that worked but they don't make one. What did you need to mod to make this bolt to your front storage box.

·
Registered
2011 Sportsman 850XP W/EPS
114 Posts
Looks good. Nice work. I may try this myself.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks really nice. I wanted to find a rack extender before that worked but they don't make one. What did you need to mod to make this bolt to your front storage box.
I started with the factoryPolaris rack that works without the cargo box. First I narrowed it up by bending it at the existing bends until it lined up with the grooves in the top outside edges of the Cargo box. Then I fabricated a bracket that mounts to the front hinges and reaches out to the two front posts on the rack. All penetrations on the cargo box use neoprene rubber washers to seal time holes against the elements. I had to install aproximately 1/2" of washers under the bracket at the hinges and another 1/2" of washers under the two front posts to bring everything into alignment. Took me about 4 hrs for the whole install not including the trips to the Hardware store for the proper length bolts and rubber washers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mounting plate for bolts

where did you get that front plate to bolt the two center bolts of the rack to the box?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mounting plate for bolts

where did you get that front plate to bolt the two center bolts of the rack to the box?
Ace Hardware store 1/8” x 3” strap steel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts