Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
So for those of you who have done this on a 500 HO, how did it turn out? Better sound? More power? Any negatives to doing it? I need to find a used can to work on and keep my original stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took a little clip of how it sounds but it won't let me post it. I can prolly email it to you guys if you'd like. Just give me an email address.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I see lots of questions and guys looking for it to be done for them. So please take this as informational and less of an advertisement.

I have a modified exhaust for sale if anyone is interested. I personally didn't like the sound and ordered a hot seat which I'm much happier with. It's the same as Sporty500, all baffles removed except for fan. Relocated exhaust tip to rear, plugged bottom with welded cap. All done professionally by a local welding shop. Painted with 500 degree engine block paint, 3 coats. It's off my 2009 500 HO X2. Asking $90.00 + shipping. Paypal only. Please PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
far from anything to be afraid of took an hour or two
used hole saw for end pipe
Mine is like the original post no long tail pipe and sounds great

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did my 07 700. I just changed the outlet from the bottom to the end. I left all the baffles but letting the exhaust run straight through made a great sound and a little performance mod

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mods are 3.5 degree timing key, K&N filter with outerwears, opened up the factory snorkel, heavier clutch weights, and exhaust mod
Not to Hijack here, but I was just wondering, what octane fuel you are running with these mods? Just ordered my 3.5 degree timing key and a Hot Seat slip on and already have a K&N with outerwear. Looking fwd to a bit more power!:top: If anyone else has some tips for more power out of this thing, please PM me!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts