Polaris ATV Forum banner

modify stock muffler?

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  krazybob 
#1 ·
I ride a '05 500 Scrambler, and I'm pretty happy with the whole package, but I was courious if it's possible to modify the muffler to get a little more rumble sound to it? On my motorcycle, I removed the baffles to get more sound, but I don't see anyway to do a similar mod on my Scrambler. Maybe someone has an idea to try ?
Krazy~

#2 ·
I have no idea how you would do this. The scrambler muffler isnt straight through like a bike. Exhaust comes in on the side and it exits out the bottom. The only way you can do this is crack open the whole thing and re-route the baffles inside and then reweld the hole thing back up. Or if your just ou for noise drill a 2 " hole in the end and put on an end cap. Why would you want it to be any louder than it is. I put on a white brothers pipe one year and i took it off the same day and sold it. Noise does not make for happy neighbors. Stock pipe is loud enough for me. Good luck with your project.

#4 ·
Not really looking for "loud", but a nice rumble would be nice. My bike used to have Cobra pipes which were too loud for me, so I bought some stock pipes and debaffled them and they have just the right amount of rumble for me. I agree, blasting past someone with really LOUD pipes can't be too good <G>
Krazy~

#3 ·
the stock muffler is solid welded and you would have to do some extensive surguryto do that. an awesome sounding aftermarket pipe is a fmf megamax slip on. i have one on mine and it puts basically any other quad to shame for sound. its an agressive sounding pipe!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.