Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best mod you ever did? i got a 13 800efi and looking for more power. what are al the mods yall do? I plan on getting a qsc clutch kit first

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm waiting until my warranty period is over to put a clutch kit in mine. Seems popular opinion here is a clutch kit is the best bang for your buck as far as performance goes..

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea mines up in february so trying to get it locked down for the spring soon as its up

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Definately tires and clutch.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Clutching and tires have to be the best mods you can do. Those two things will change the attitutude of your atv.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 26 inch zillas on 14 inch rims already put on it. Was the first thing I did lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have 26 inch zillas on 14 inch rims already put on it. Was the first thing I did lol
Good move! A clutch kit might be your next best investment. I have, and other swear too, a QSC kit. Look up Ridinagain on this forum, he will hook you up. Arm protectors and a full skid plate from Ricochet will give you peace of mind. If you don;t have one already, a winch would should be on the top of your list. Cold weather? I love my heated grips, cheap mod that always makes me smile. Bumpers were important to me too, I ride in a lot of tight places and have jackass friends that rearend me. If you ride at night, you might want to look into auxiliary lights. LEDs have come a long way, lots of info on this forum about those.

It just keeps going..... Although this forum has saved me money and headaches, in reality, I think all the reading I do makes me spend more money on goodies I otherwise would not have known about.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
It's really about what you're doing with your machine, but as already stated clutching and tires are the top dogs. after that my #1 priority would be storage. then protection for the machine (skids, bumpers), lights, and lastly comfort (heated grips, hand guards, thumb warmer, etc)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The zilla is already pretty dam light.

If you go too lightweight, you risk punctures.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I'm happy with the weight of the zillas. I'm running ss212 rims also they don't seem very heavy either.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rims could get lighter on models that come with steel rims right?
Yes and no... I really dont think the steelies on these quads are all that heavy, plus to get a comparable strength aluminum rim the thickness in creases for the aluminum. So the weight savings really aren't that much.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Rims could get lighter on models that come with steel rims right?
not likely. Strength per pound Ali is stronger, but to get comparable strength to steel the dimensions get much larger. so what little weight loss you get is mitigated by the fact that the product is now oversized and cumbersome. when I was working for a tire shop, the Ali wheels tended to be heavier than the steel wheels. due to the requirement of needing more metal to handle the loads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Newb here. What exactly does a clutch kit do to the performance?

TIA

·
Registered
422 Posts
Newb here. What exactly does a clutch kit do to the performance?

TIA
It puts power to the ground more efficiently especially when adding larger tires.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts